PDA

View Full Version : depressed kitty?...

Tink
21-09-2007, 06:26 AM
as some of you may know, kuan yin was spayed on monday. she has improved greatly..just gets tuckered out very easily now (it's only thursday night here in the U.S. so it hasn't been too long since surgery)..she's eating, playing a few minutes here and there, using her litter box, and shows no real signs of health issues..except...
i may seem like a worry wart for saying so but she seems...depressed.
i don't work so i spend A LOT of time with her so i like to think i can guage her personality changes. she's very cuddly and at times seems lovey but sometimes she just wants me to hold her and has this sad look about her..just seems very depressed. i'm thinking it'll pass with the healing so my REAL QUESTION is...
do you know of anything besides time and attention and love that might perk her up or help her mood along? i just love her so much and feel quite guilty my baby does not seem emotionally the same...
any suggestions to cheer the wee one up would be appreciated...

Grete
21-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Just what you are doing I think Tink - She's healing which takes energy and is probably still a little sore which she's not used to so that makes her uncomfortable. Plus having been away from you etc. She will recover just in the meantime lots of TLC - it's really good she comes to you for comfort :) I'd be more worried if she was keeping to herself.

You aren't a worry wart either, you love her to bits and it's horrible seeing your baby out of sorts. Try and not feel too guilty either - you really did the best thing for her and she will return to normal soon :)

*hugs*

Mags
21-09-2007, 12:21 PM
I agree with Grete, it is early days yet since she was spayed and she is still recovering. She needs gentle plays and lots of cuddles and hopefully she will soon recover and be her normal self again.:D

babycakes
21-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes Tink, I agree with the others. It is still early days and she will be feeling sorry for herself. She also still has anaesthetic in her body so encourage her to drink if you can this will help flush out, But she will be back to herself in no time. Queens are down for a bit longer than tom's as their op is a small snip (as usual the boys come of lightly).
You are all she needs right now. You are doing everything right. X

dandysmom
21-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Ditto to all the above!!

Elaine
21-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Bless her, she sounds a little like my Eva, when she is upset of sick she is very clingy to me. I'd say the fact that you are there and can guage her moods etc is a good thing, you agter all know her better than any one else. If you do feel the need though, there is no harm in taking her to the vet for a wee check up just to make sure she is ok. Maybe even a little rescue remedy to help her relax a little. Cannt do her any harm. xxx