PDA

View Full Version : Picked up Kuan Yin today...

Tink
18-09-2007, 10:11 PM
...from getting spayed. She seems to be very tender and when she walks she hunches her back so she does not stretch her tummy. Her hindquarters also tremble. She seems to paralyze her back half to sit or lay down. She falls asleep standing up..it's been over 24 hours but I guess it still is having quite an effect. She's using the litter box (very carefully), eating small amounts of food at a time but not drinking any water yet..I'm feeding her all wet to make up for it. She was shivering and seemed to appreciate me turning on the heater but also would like some fresh air so I'm running the heater in her room with her window cracked..she's sitting on the ledge with her nose pressed to it but shivers if I turn the heater off...I strategically placed some boxes (upside down) and pillows in case she falls off (it's only a foot and a half off the ground but still..it would probably hurt). I know these are probably all normal but one thing that is fairly unsettling is her "waist" and stomach area are shrunken in like she hasn't eaten in a week..i mean, it's HOLLOW..she looks like a hungry stray:cry: . Anyway, I'll keep you updated...
Tink

dandysmom
18-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't mean to sound alarmist, but I never had a reaction like that with my two girls...have you called the vet to ask if this behavior is normal? Granted, limited experience on my part; hope someone here can be reassuring....

alexgirl73
18-09-2007, 10:28 PM
I think I would give the vet a call too Tink, my Teddie didn't behave like that when brought home. I know all cats are different, but for peace of mind I would check with the vet!

Grete
18-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeh I would give the vet a call, it might be nothing to worry about and she's just being very careful with herself cos she's sore but better to be safe than sorry.

babycakes
18-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Ive only ever owned toms so not sure about all this, however she may just be reacting to the anasthetic as all cats are different and she is wee mite isn't she? to give yourself peace of mind I would call the vet for advice she may be needing more fluids X

Tink
19-09-2007, 10:45 PM
just wanted you all to know she has started feeling much better today :-)

babycakes
19-09-2007, 10:46 PM
That is good news Tink, little gentle hugs to Kuan Yin.

dandysmom
19-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the update, Tink; I was a little worried at her reaction.....

Mags
19-09-2007, 10:47 PM
just wanted you all to know she has started feeling much better today :-)
That's good news Tink, it takes a day or two for them to get over the op.... :)

Whiley
20-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Oh good to hear! Shes a fabulous little kitty, hugs to her!

alexgirl73
20-09-2007, 11:21 AM
So glad to hear this!! Hope she is back to normal very soon!