PDA

View Full Version : Planning Permission

babycakes
18-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Just got the ok for knocking down the kitchen and rebuilding it. It will be wider, longer and have excellent views. So happy :-D Can't wait.

Mags
18-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Sounds good BC ....... before and after pics???? ;):lol:

Jac
18-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Thats great. Congratulations. Are you waiting till the warmer weather to get it done?

dandysmom
18-09-2007, 08:39 PM
You and Erin can swap kitchen remodeling stories! Good luck with it!

babycakes
18-09-2007, 08:41 PM
I will post before and after pics. The after pics will look good regardless as the before is so bad!!!!

Yes JAC I think we will. We will be commencing work on knocking the upstairs dormer into an onsuite bedroom and putting a window in with views to the back first as it won't matter too much what the weather is like while that is being done.
Also got to consider Denis in all of this as he is such a scardy cat will have to keep noise levels and coming and going to a minimum. He will be locked into a room in the day which will have the radio on and he won't be able to see what is going on and of course he will be with all his comforts.
Then considering moving existing kitchen into the back room whilst the extension takes place as it will be so long without a kitchen, that is what I am dreading.

dandysmom
18-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I will post before and after pics. The after pics will look good regardless as the before is so bad!!!!

Yes JAC I think we will. We will be commencing work on knocking the upstairs dormer into an onsuite bedroom and putting a window in with views to the back first as it won't matter too much what the weather is like while that is being done.
Also got to consider Denis in all of this as he is such a scardy cat will have to keep noise levels and coming and going to a minimum. He will be locked into a room in the day which will have the radio on and he won't be able to see what is going on and of course he will be with all his comforts.
Then considering moving existing kitchen into the back room whilst the extension takes place as it will be so long without a kitchen, that is what I am dreading.
One of the doctors were I worked was remodeling his kitchen and they were without one for 2 months!! It was Summer and they pretty much lived on barbecuing and pizza/Chinese/Indian delivery!

babycakes
18-09-2007, 08:47 PM
We are going to put units, oven, sink and fridge into the back room this should hold us for a while as I think it will take a very long time as we are changing the heating system and re routing the plumbing etc etc. This is getting me through the thought of it being done. I can't wait until its all over though as I am in the middle of a degree and there isn't much space or peace and quiet as it is!!

dandysmom
18-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Wow, that is a very big job! Poor Denis isn't going to be a happy camper, but it sounds as if it will be wonderful when it's all done....how long do they estimate it will take till completion?

babycakes
18-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Well the first job will be about 4 weeks the builder is knocking in the shell and OH will then finish everything else which will probably take 6 months!!!! as he works full time and he will have to fit job in around that. Realistically around 2 months after. The bathroom will have to fitted as well as platering and decoration, wiring and plumbing.
The extension is estimated 6-8 weeks then completion will be a further few months... But have lived like this for 3 years now so it won't make much difference I suppose.

yola
18-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Whilst a remodelled kitchen is a dream of mine (dream on says OH :( ), I would be VERY worried about not having usual kitchen facilities to hand. I'm not much of a takeaway merchant - I like cooking my own food, so I really do only kind of envy you . . . but I bet, ultimately, the end result will be worth it :D

smudgley
18-09-2007, 09:49 PM
It's all good fun. :cool:

We had major building work done here last year from April until Dec.:shock:

Ended up moving out for 11 weeks in the end & were living in the kitchen & one bedroom for months prior to moving out! But was all worth it. :-D