PDA

View Full Version : Horror, shock, horror!!!!!

Jac
16-09-2007, 05:13 PM
OK so I have quite smoking but I have gained a stone!!! OH nooooo I'm so upset. I knew my things were getting a bit tight and there were some things I couldn't wear too long but HELP.
I need a diet and a good one at that. I may add I have started doing some Yogalates. Just easy going stuff. Dont want my back caveing in on me too:shock:

Erin
16-09-2007, 05:45 PM
ahhhh you have gonefor the yogalates,I have that too :lol: its a litle more difficult to just the pilates.That should get you toned up nicely!!!
Sorry not sure what to advise re the diet,but just wanted to say you have done so well quitting smoking and well done!!!

Jac
16-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Aww thanks Erin. My name now though is fatty Jacquie:( I only went for the Yolalates because it was the only one in the shop:lol:

Erin
16-09-2007, 05:55 PM
awwww no Jacs,give the yogalates a few months and you will be super duper toned Jacquie,trust me you will,honest!!!

And hey just think about how much healthier you are for not smoking!!

Jac
16-09-2007, 05:58 PM
I do feel (and smell) a lot better. I'm just anoyed at the weight I've put on. Oh well I'll just have to take it off again.
:roll: :roll:

Erin
16-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I do feel (and smell) a lot better. I'm just anoyed at the weight I've put on. Oh well I'll just have to take it off again.
:roll: :roll:

And you will Jac's :)

Carole
16-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Congratulations on stopping smoking :)

I gradually gained loads of weight after breaking my ankle a few years ago and am now determined to lose it. I have lost a fair bit so far by eating only 3 meals a day with no snacking in between, plenty of walking (at least 4 to 5 miles a day) and lastly no alcohol :shock: unless out for something to eat or special occasion.

It can be done just got to have determination which you have proved you have by stopping smoking :)

Jac
16-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks Carole. Food just tastes so much nicer:lol: . I only ever ate 2 meals a day, never snacked but my eating habits have changed. I'll just have to be strict. At this rate my wedding dress will be too wee. Cant have that.

Grete
17-09-2007, 12:57 AM
I lost 5 stone with Weightwatchers - I do recommend them. It's really easy to do using their points diet. There isn't anything I can't eat (in moderation).

You can even do it online now so you don't have to do the meetings (although it can help for the moral support unless you are a very shy person like me). I had a break for a year and put on a stone again but am back on it now (doing the online one) and down to my pre-break weight.

Don't get too despondent with having put some weight on after quitting smoking - You did it! Good luck with the diet :)

xxTigerxx
21-10-2007, 02:35 PM
hey im also trying to quit i havent had one cigerrette today but i made a new thread before sore neck iam in so much pain with my neck for the past 2 days that the pain is making me cry thats the last things i need at this point...

Erin
21-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Jacs,I think its about time you got rid of fatty Jacquie from your signature Mrs size 8 pair of jeans :lol:

Jac
21-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Ok. I forgot about that:oops: . Ive lost 10lbs

xxTigerxx
21-10-2007, 03:01 PM
your doing good qutting smoking

Erin
21-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Whacky Jacquie thats better :lol:

Jac
21-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Changed it again.

Sorry started to smoke again:oops:

Grete
21-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Don't beat yourself up about it Jac, it's not an easy addiction to quit, gawd knows I've tried.

You will do it :)

dandysmom
21-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Jac, there are hundreds of different diets out there; you just have to pick one you can stick with. When I was in my 30s I weighed 186 pounds, and as I'm only 5'1", was obviously very overweight. I didn't go on a formal diet, just ate only soup and a salad all week, no snacking, and then ate and drank whatever I wanted over the weekend! That way I didn't feel deprived. It took about 8 months but I got down to 128 or so pounds and have maintained it ever since, I also took up running, which I know you can't do, but any sort of exercise will help. Basically, less calories in, more calories expended, and voila! Best of luck to you!!!

Jac
21-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks. I have started the gym. Only walking on the treadmill and not too quickly. Got above my body the other day and nearly fell off:lol:
Time will do it.