PDA

View Full Version : chicken wings

micki
15-09-2007, 06:33 PM
does anyone feed their cats raw Chicken wings? our vet says they are good for exercising the jaws and keepin teeth clean and to b honest our cats love em:D

Mags
15-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Dinahsmum swears by them for her cats Micki, unfortunately she is away on holiday for a couple of weeks or she could have answered any question you have about it...:D

However, here's a link to a thread she posted earlier this year about chicken wings........hope it helps you..;)

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=18653&highlight=chicken+wings

micki
15-09-2007, 06:45 PM
thanx for that Mags, all our cats love em and its good to see them tuckin into something that takes some effort:D , they really do enjoy them. thanx for the link too:) ;)

Jane
15-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Hmm having read that thread think I might get mum to buy Patch some. ;)

micki
15-09-2007, 06:55 PM
all my dogs are fed a BARF diet so the cats get their fair share of wings and chicken. they prefer it to anything i can buy in a shop.

Grete
15-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Wow, would never have thought of giving my cats chicken wings. I was under the impression they shouldn't have chicken on the bone because the bones could cause them to choke. Now I'm thinking it might have applied to dogs and I just carried it over to include cats ;)

I might just have to try one with Bubbles :)

Thanks for that!

micki
15-09-2007, 07:25 PM
it doesnt apply to dogs and not cats, its when the bones are cooked that they become brittle and splinter.

Grete
16-09-2007, 12:36 AM
it doesnt apply to dogs and not cats, its when the bones are cooked that they become brittle and splinter.

A-ha! Now that rings a bell :) Yeh that makes much more sense now, thanks :)