PDA

View Full Version : Roxie's Baby 1 week tomorrow

sarahd
13-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Here are some pictures of Roxie's only baby.

She is one week old tomorrow and is a real little cutie. Not sure what colour or pattern she will be as yet as her colours are only just coming through.

Roxie is a wonderful mum and has really settled with her baby and loves her to bits.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/Roxiebaby1week1.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/Roxiebaby1week3.jpg

Mum watching to see what i was doing

Hope you like them

I've also posted some updated pics on Fairy's page too of her little babies

Sarah
x

Mags
13-09-2007, 10:59 PM
That's so sweet......... it seems that extra bit special seeing as it is Roxie's only baby.....:)

sarahd
13-09-2007, 11:03 PM
she is so beautiful and Roxie is totally taken with her and very protective.

She chases the other cats off if her pen is open and is really aggressive towards them. I know she means no harm but its very scary to say the least.

Sarah
x

borderdawn
13-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Shes lovely! What colour do you hope for?

sarahd
13-09-2007, 11:13 PM
To be totally honest with you Dawn its such a relief to have healthy raggie kittens this time I dont care so long as she continues to be well and grows up strong.

I would love her to be a perfectly marked bi colour so i could keep her and show her, but that would be in a perfect world lol

Sarah
x

Kazz
13-09-2007, 11:26 PM
She is totaly gorgeous....glad all is well. Have you named her yet?

sarahd
13-09-2007, 11:33 PM
No I dont name them Kazz I will leave it up to her new owners to name her and chose her pedigree name as and when she is reserved by someone.

This wont be until she is at least 7 weeks old though. I am keeping my eye on how she develops though as a friend of mine is after a new girl and i may possibly be keeping one back but not 100% sure as yet.

Sarah
x

Kazz
13-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Aww you have to give them nicknames at least.....;)

charliebubs
14-09-2007, 01:50 PM
She's so cute :)

sarahd
14-09-2007, 09:15 PM
she does get referred to as Tiny tot because she is so little and scrummy if that helps.

Thanks Charlie :)

Sarah
x

Jac
16-09-2007, 10:58 AM
What a wee sweetheart. Keep us posted will you Sarah.

sarahd
16-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi Jac
She is a real sweetie. She is so cute and soft bless her. She is my favourite out of them all so i am watching her closely to see how she develops.

She's been a bit snuffly today bless her so i hope she hasnt got a cold. Will see how she is in morning and take her to vets if i feel she is still the same.

sarah
x

Jac
16-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Fingers crossed here Sarah that wont be needed.

sarahd
16-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope so too but i dont want to leave anything to chance. They are so vulnerable at this young age and would hate for anything to happen to her.

Sarah
x

Jac
16-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeh I can understand that. Hope the wee mite is ok though.

sarahd
16-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks will keep you updated on her

Sarah
x

whiskey
16-09-2007, 09:43 PM
omg how cute is she well done roxie.:)

sarahd
16-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks Whiskey

She is a little doll isnt she?

Sarah
x

Kay
29-09-2007, 04:19 PM
To be totally honest with you Dawn its such a relief to have healthy raggie kittens this time I dont care so long as she continues to be well and grows up strong.

I would love her to be a perfectly marked bi colour so i could keep her and show her, but that would be in a perfect world lol

Sarah
x

She is definitely scrummy Sarah.

Just a question:- Are bicolours in Raggies born white? Just wondered as you said you were hoping for a perfectly marked Bicolour and in Persians and Siamese (and all cats that I knew off) bicolours are born with their colours. I thought only colourpointed cats were born white with their colours developing after they were born. This is due to the himalayan factor being temperature associated. In the womb the kitten is a constant all over temperature but when born the colder regions, e.g. tail, feet, ears and mask, react by developing the contrasting colours.

Kazz
29-09-2007, 05:12 PM
How is she?

sarahd
29-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Yes Kay all raggies regardless of colour and pattern are born like little micelets. The bi colours are the harder of the patterns to get perfectly marked and with a tortie colour its even more harder due to whether or not the tortie markings will fill in too much of the V on the face.
The kittens colours on Roxie's baby are just coming in now but are still very pale where as Fairy's baby bi colour's face is really coloured and very dark.

She is doing really well now Kazz thankyou. Been really busy of late but i promise i will get some new photo's taken asap and post them so you can see her and how she has developed.

Sarah
x

Kay
01-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Thats really interesting Sarah. Thanks. It must be the white spotting gene at work I suppose.

Jac
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Thats why my wee boy is called Caspurr. He took so long to colour up and he purrs just by looking at him:lol:

sarahd
01-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Well my breeding mentor came over today and had a look at the kits to see what she thought of them from a more experienced point of view.

The mismarked bi colour tortie of Fairy's apparently is absolutely perfect aside from her V being all wrong. She has perfect profile and eye and ear setting and lovely sized head and ears. Whether she stays like this is another matter.
The little tortie colourpoint girl of Fairy's is very sweet but needs to grow a little and get a bit better proportion as she is a little dot bless her. Apart from that she is a nice girl and well profiled.
Baby mouse boy just needs to grow and fill out full stop lol as all he resembles right now is a mouse and not a kitten. It looks like he is definately going to be cream but genetics could have thrown a big spanner in the works and made him bi colour. In a cream it can take up to 18 months for it to become totally obvious what they are going to be pattern wise. So still in for a long wait.

Then we got to Roxie's baby after a long time of holding my breath. And guess what, ???? She loves her. Her markings are spot on, her eye colour is coming in really nice considering her age so it should just get better, she has a wonderful shaped head, perfectly placed ears and well set eyes. Totally clean legs which is imperative in a show bi colour and the V is symetrical. All i have to hope now is that when her tortie sets in it doesnt throw off her V and cause colour spots on her legs. Of course its still very early days and anything can change but fingers crossed

Fingers crossed she stays as she is and gets more beautiful

Sarah
x

Kim
02-10-2007, 10:14 PM
She is absolutely adorable, bless her.

Kay
03-10-2007, 03:44 PM
That sounds promising Sarah. Fingers crossed.

More pics are needed of both lots of kittens.

sarahd
03-10-2007, 10:47 PM
I Know Kay and I keep trying I promise but they are so hard to photograph right now. I think i need to invest in some extra strong tape to stick them down with as they just run about and never sit still lol

Will try though honest

sarah
x

sarahd
03-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Right as promised here are some photos of Fairy's three babies and Roxie's little girl. Hope you like them. Fairy's kittens are now 4 weeks old and have just started having their first tastes of kitten food made really sloppy with warm water and they love it. Especially the little man who has now decided to feed from his mum after all these weeks and also eat the food. Looks like I am redundant now :(

First we have pictures of my little mouse boy bless him. He is doing really well as you can see. Growing by the day. He looks rather pointy and his face shape isnt as it should be but apparently its not uncommon for the creams and reds to look like this until they grow up and mature

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/littleman1.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/Littleman3.jpg

Then we have little blue tortie bi colour baby girl. She is a real sweetie but sadly her V is misshaped but she is beautiful all the same and has a wonderful profile and great eye colour for her age. She enjoys biting my little man so much the little bully.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/tortiebigirl1.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/Tortiebigirl2.jpg

Then we have little blue tortie colourpoint girl who is a little doll bless her. She is the quieter of the three and sits back and watches whilst the other two get up to mischief.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/Bluetortie1.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/Bluetortie2.jpg

Then last but not least we have Roxie's little girl. She is amazing and such a real cutie I love her to bits. She is quite hard to photograph for her markings are a really light blue at the moment. Hopefully that should darken in and we will get some better shots as time goes on. But i'm sure you'll agree for 3 weeks old she is a stunner.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/littlegirl1.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/littlegirl3.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/Littlegirl2.jpg

Sarah
x

Grete
04-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Awww they are just so cute, I want to kidnap them!

It's ok I won't tho ;)

Erin
04-10-2007, 08:17 AM
awww thy are gorgeous Sarah :D

Jac
04-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Aww the wee blue tortie is a sweetie. Well they all are but she looks like you could cuddle her all day.
Well done Sarah there wee smashers.

charliebubs
04-10-2007, 12:48 PM
They are so cute!!! I love Roxie's girl in the last picture :smt007:

Kay
04-10-2007, 06:34 PM
They are really beautiful. I would run Roxie's little girl on if I were you. Is that we you are going to do?
The little boy is soooo cute. I think you should call him Mickey (after Mickey Mouse).

Jess751
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Beautiful Babies :p I LOVE Ragdolls!! One of my two favorite kitties :p (Snowshoes are the other one of the two ;))

sarahd
04-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone they are adorable aren't they, but then i am biased lol

Yes Kay I am wanting to see what happens with her markings etc before I decide anything with her. I am really hoping she will stay the way she is as she is gorgeous and so well marked.

The little boy just gets little man for the time being or Mouse lol need to sit and think of a name for him though really. He has a lovely little personality and he doesn't quite suit Mickey. But I have definately decided he isn't going anywhere regardless of how he turns out, show quality or not. I can't bear to part with him after how he fought so hard and got through all the hand feeding etc. Plus he's like my little shadow and follows me all over in the room if he's out of the kittening pen

Sarah
x

Jac
04-10-2007, 10:08 PM
She can run on to Auntie Jac's house hehe

sarahd
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
And you tell me off for tempting you lol ;)

Sarah
x

Kazz
05-10-2007, 07:03 PM
They are all gorgeous simply gorgeous.

xxTigerxx
22-10-2007, 01:10 AM
she is lovely are you going to keep her

sarahd
23-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Sadly Roxie's baby died yesterday I have put a tribute on In Loving Memory for those of you who would like to contribute to it :(

Sarah
x

charliebubs
23-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Sadly Roxie's baby died yesterday I have put a tribute on In Loving Memory for those of you who would like to contribute to it :(

Sarah
x

OMG Sarah - how awful. :(

Hugs to you
x

Kay
23-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Thinking of you and poor Roxie. {{{HUGS}}} to you both.