PDA

View Full Version : lovely Lucas needs a home

Elaine
13-09-2007, 01:24 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/lucas.jpg

Lucas is FIV+, although still awaiting the test back from Glasgow. He was thought to be a stray feral but turns out he's a big softy. Apart from the FIV status his blood panel came back fine so there is no imediate health issues with him. He is thought to be around 10 years old. He has been wormed, deflea'd, micro chipped and is awaiting his second jab. He really needs a home with no other cats due to the FIV. Would be lovely for him to get a home soon as he is being kept in isolation as he cannt mix with the other cats that Diddydawn has currently. If you or any one you know may interested in giving this gorgeous babe a loving, caring home, please pm me and I'll pass on Diddydawns details.

Elaine
13-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Or you can find Dawns contact details here http://www.catchat.org/flint/cgibin/prtoc.cgi

yola
13-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh I do hope Lucas finds a new home soon! My old Ferdy (also a soppy old ex-stray) was FIV+ but he mixed happily with my 2 other non-FIV cats . . . but of course I would not necessarily recommend this for all cats!

He's lovely . . . please do let us know how he gets on with finding somewhere!

Elaine
13-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I agree with you Yola and know of others with the same experience. The worry with Lucas is that he was removed from a colony not just to be neutered but also because he had been in several fights. I think Dawn is airing on the side of caution which is why he has been separated from all the others that she has.

alexgirl73
13-09-2007, 04:24 PM
aww, he's gorgeous!! I really hope he finds a home soon.

Mags
13-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I hope he'll find a loving home soon, he's a gorgeous boy....

Elaine
16-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Test results came back from Glasgow and sadly he is FIV+.
Would be lovely if we could even find a foster home for him in the mean time, some where where he can receive some one to one attention and some extra tlc.
Fingers crossed for dear Lucas please.

kelly-joy
16-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Aww poor baby hope he finds a great forever home soon

Elaine
17-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Aww poor baby hope he finds a great forever home soon

Thankyou, I do too but sadly not many seem ot want the oldies, especially one with FIV.
I really hope and pray that he does find some one to love him very soon xxx

Elaine
17-09-2007, 08:35 PM
News Flash!!!

Well today i will eat my own words:-D
Just as i was typing the above, I received an email.
The gorgeous Lucas has been offered a caring foster home.
I cannt tell you how pleased I am for the old fella:-D

Mags
17-09-2007, 09:22 PM
That's wonderful news Elaine !:D I'm so pleased the old fella is going to be cared for and will have a better life ahead of him....:)

Elaine
17-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Me too, I almost cried when I read Diddydawns e-mail.

Grete
17-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Oh that's amazing!!! I'm so happy for him!!

dandysmom
17-09-2007, 11:41 PM
I love a happy ending! I wish more people would take on the oldies, they have so much to give, and their personalities are formed, unlike kittens; what you see is what you get! Great news about Lucas!!

kado
18-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Great news about Lucas and a realy big thankyou comes from me to the person who is going to take care of him, he realy is a lovely boy.

jane

Elaine
21-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Hello there! My name is Lucas and I am a 10 year old grey and white cat. Auntie Dawn found me on the streets as a stray and caught me so I could be given a home. When she found me, I was very hungry and also had worms, it wasn’t very nice at all. I was so hungry that I had to break into other cats cat flaps for food – not like me at all as I am a very reserved and quiet cat, but I was so hungry! When I was first brought in, I had scratches on my nose which have now healed. I was also very skinny and Auntie Dawn thinks I wouldn’t have lasted another winter living rough.

I am living with a foster mum at the moment and I have all the food I can eat! I have also discovered a lovely new drink called cat milk – my foster mum says I am a bit of an addict! I have lots of reasons to purr, so I find that I am purring nearly all day. I am putting some weight on too. Apparently I am something called a “charmer” as my foster mum’s friends all want to take me home.

The thing is, I need a special home as I am a very special cat. I have FIV you see, which means I have to be an indoor cat. I don’t mind this at all as I have had enough of being outside, I much prefer a nice warm spot (or lap) indoors. Even though I have FIV, you’d never know – I am a healthy boy in all other ways and I am only middle aged, lots more years left of purring, furry headbutts and snuggling for me yet.

I hope that I will get a permanent home soon, it is nice here but I would like to have my forever home with someone who thinks I am just as special as my foster mum does!

Lucas xx
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/index.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/lucas1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/lucas2.jpg

Jac
21-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh Elaine that's not fair!!! I was crying reading that. If only....I wish. In my defence, I did have a dog that we didn't know the age. She had alot of problems (medical) I ended up keeping her and Ceilidh to this day cry's for her. Age can be a heart break

EmmaG
21-10-2007, 07:17 PM
awww he is a smasher isn't he.....!!! hope he gets a forever home soon.

babycakes
21-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Hope the lovely boy finds a home pretty soon

Grete
22-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Awww he is even more beautiful now :) I so hope he finds the home he deserves and just how great is it for him to be warm, fed and cared for by his foster mum.

kelly-joy
22-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Aww what a cuite love his pink nose so adoreable:D

Elaine
11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
It looks very much like Lucas has a son.:? Dawn picked these two up in the same area as Lucas came from. Obviously tests will need to be done at some point to determine if these two cuties are also FIV+
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Diddydawn/index-1.png

kelly-joy
12-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh I hope they are clear and you can find then great new homes poor babies.

Elaine
23-11-2007, 08:56 PM
It is with a very heavy heart that I regret to inform you all that dear sweet Lucas was PTS last night.:cry:
His foster mum arrived home to find him listless, she called round many out of hours vets as well as Diddydawn. Diddydawn rushed over to Manchester to see him, picked him up and rushed him to her own vet. There, several tumours were discovered and it was decided best to let him go. Dawn said he purred to the very end, bless him.
Seems strange that I am crying buckets for this poor cat that I never had the good fortune to meet. He has such a sweet face and was very much loved atleast for the last few months of his life.

R.I.P. Lucas, you have touched the hearts of many, sleep well babes. xxx

Mags
23-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I m so, so sorry to hear that Elaine...:( I think poor Lucas's story touched all our hearts here....... he's at peace at last..:(

Fran
23-11-2007, 11:41 PM
:( :( :( This is so very sad :(

RIP handsome lad x

kado
23-11-2007, 11:41 PM
So sorry lucas
RIP little man

jane X

yola
24-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Oh Elaine :( It's the ones that we don't think will tug at our hearts that ultimately do.

Lucas put up a good fight at life - sadly the odds were against him. At least he knew some warmth, love and kindness in his last few months. Bless him.

Run pain-free now my little fella. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Grete
24-11-2007, 09:09 AM
I couldn't believe it when I read this :( Poor Lucas, he deserved so much more life. At least his last months were the absolute best he could have and he knew he was loved.

I'm sitting here crying lol, it's just not fair :(

Sleep well beautiful Boy, you were loved by people you had never even met and our babies will play with you at the bridge and tell you about us. RIP Lucas.

Elaine
24-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanx every one. Seems strange to feel so upset over a cat I have never met. I have shared tears with Dawn on many a sad tale of a poorly cat but this one has really wormed his way into many peoples hearts across several forums.
Atleast he knew nothing but kindness and love over his last few months.