PDA

View Full Version : Update on Misty x

Sweet
10-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I have just got of the phone to the Vet.

Its not good news....Misty has Haemangio Sarcoma, which is a very fast growing tumour :( this was in her spleen, which she had taken away prior to these results. This fast growing tumour spreads and goes to the liver etc.... and no treatment has been proven to work :(

Misty also has Irritable Bowel which can be treated with medicine, which she will start tomorrow.

She is sat minding her own business outside, unaware of anything, she is eating still and loves her cuddles more than ever.

Love, Julie x

Jac
10-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Aww Julie I'm so sorry it wasn't much better news. It will be hard but give her all the love and cuddles you can. Thinking of you. Jac x

alexgirl73
10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh Julie, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. As Jac says, now is the time for lots of cuddles an extra treats. ((hugs))

borderdawn
10-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Poor misty, sending her lots of hugs and I hope she goes on ok.
dawn,

Erin
10-09-2007, 08:03 PM
oh Sweet im so sorry,give her lots of cuddles of us all and ((((hugs)))) for you xxxx

Moli
10-09-2007, 08:13 PM
So sorry to read this Julie, thoughts and hugs to you all...xx

Sweet
10-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I am sat here dazed, thank you for all of our cuddles and hugs x

Elaine
10-09-2007, 08:58 PM
So very sorry to be reading the news on Misty, such a sweet kitty xxx
Sending loads of possitive vibes to you both xxx

Jane
10-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry :( Patch sends kitty hugs to you (which you should feel privilidged to have cos we don't get them very often :lol:)

yola
10-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm so sorry the news isn't better :( Your vet will advise you on how best to monitor Misty to make sure her quality of life doesn't suffer. As everyone has said, just give her all the love you possibly can for as long as she is with you - and may that be a long time indeed.

Love and hugs to you Julie, it's not an easy thing to have to come to terms with.

dandysmom
10-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh Julie, how sad....I hope she'll be with you pain free as long as possible, and I know she'll be so much loved...thinking of you, (((hugs))) xxx

Mags
10-09-2007, 09:40 PM
So sorry to read this Julie, lavish Misty with cuddles.....thinking of you...x

smudgley
10-09-2007, 10:06 PM
sorry to hear this sad news about Misty Julie.
Sending best wishes your way. x

EmmaG
10-09-2007, 10:17 PM
So sorry to hear this Julie.... take care and give Misty a hug from me.. xxxxxx

Grete
11-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Sweet, so sorry to hear about Misty, I hope she responds to treatment and you have lots of time left together. Just sucks to see them go through it and all you can do is love them and hope it's enough.

*hugs* to you both.

Kay
11-09-2007, 09:38 AM
So sorry to hear about Misty, Julie, I know you will give her loads more hugs, cuddles etc but just add a few from me. Thinking of you.

dinahsmum
11-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Aw Julie, what a sad situation. At least you know where you stand now and know that you have time to let Misty know she is safe and loved. Love her whilst you can but don't let her feel pain or fear, will you? We are so lucky to be able to save our pets from suffering.
((hugs)) x

Sweet
11-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words, they mean alot to me.

Misty is currently sat on the grass :) preaming herself in the sunshine.

Both Martin and I broke down last night, she seems so happy and content and you keep asking why? why? why?

I know what time we have left with her and I will treasure each and every one. As all of my cats like all of ours I shower them with love, cuddles etc... but Misty will have extra cuddles and love and hugs and I will make the decision as and when - I will not let her suffer in any way - this breaks my heart, we are hoping we will never have to make this choice and she decides when they time is right, and falls asleep on our lap.

with my love, Julie x

Sweet
12-09-2007, 04:08 PM
UPDATE

Misty is being good taking her medicine for the I B condition, I only wish there was medicine for her other problem, she sits like a good girl while I pop the 2 tablets down her throat ! bless !

She is still eating and pottering around, and seems in no pain still - phew! she is sat on the grass looking at me all dopey lol, she spent most of last night curled up on my lap snoozing, then when she got bored she went to Martins lap lol.

Misty says thank you for all of her hugs x

dandysmom
12-09-2007, 04:24 PM
It's a blessing that they have no concept of death. I hope she's pottering around and lap sitting for as long as possible with you...(((hugs))) again....

Kay
12-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Bless her. {{{{Hugs}}}}

babycakes
17-09-2007, 06:01 PM
So sorry to read Misty's sad news. Hugs to you, Martin and Misty. She was homed with you because you have given her the best life and will continue to do so. She is very lucky. XXX Give her a cuddle from me

Kazz
17-09-2007, 08:28 PM
There is as Dm has said some concession to be gained from the fact they have no concept of death. They are happy and content to be in the now.
Best wishes to you all Karen