PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with 3 semi-ferals

Kay
10-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I was wondering if there was anyone who could help with the fostering of 3 semi-feral cats. There is a very sad story behind these cats.

The Colourpoint Cat Club was approached recently to see if we could help with 17 cats on a temporary basis albeit probably quite long term. The gentleman the owns them used to be a member of the club, a breeder and a cat show judge. He went on a family holiday to Spain and while there fell of a second storey balcony landing on his face. Suffice to say he was and remains in a very bad way. He faces reconstructive surgery on his face, was on a life support machine, damage to his sternum, has had to have pins in his wrist and has had a tracheoctomy so is unable to speak. As you can imagine he is unable at present to return to the UK. A neighbour was looking after the cats for the time he was away but had found it difficult and didn't feel she could cope indefinitely. The club has managed to find foster homes 10 of the cats, the neighbour is willing to look after the four that are in the house that leaves the three that live out. The neighbour doesn't feel they are feeding properly and we feel it would be better if they where in some sort of cat pen. If anyone can help in anyway please let me know. This is a dreadful situation we don't want to rehome the cats permenantly until we know how the gentleman will recover. So it is just a foster or holding home that is needed. He lives in South Wales.

Thanks Kay.

Jac
10-09-2007, 07:29 PM
That is so sad Kay. I wish I could help. Please let us know what happens. Poor man I'll bet he's forever asking about them.

Kay
10-09-2007, 07:33 PM
It is awful isn't it Jac. One of the cats had to be pts which must have be dreadful for him being so far away. I don't know the gentleman but quite a few of the committee do and the all say he is a lovely man. I will keep you all informed as to what happens. The club are setting up a sort of trust to help with any vet bills etc we are contacting other clubs, breeders etc.

Jac
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I hope you get the help you need.

alexgirl73
10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
I really wish I could help Kay. Elaine might be able to help as Diddy Dawn may know of someone who may be able to help. Hopefully she'll be on soon and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Kay
10-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks both. It is such a sad situation all round. His sister wants to bring him home but can't unless she goes against the doctors advice which would probably effect any insurance policy.

Elaine
10-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Kay, Diddydawn might be able to help or atleast find some one who can coz i know she normally has her hands full but some how always seems to find room for more:lol:
If you want to pm me, I can give you her nimber and or e-mail addy.

Forgot to add, she is in Flintshire, North Wales.

Grete
11-09-2007, 12:07 AM
What an awful thing to happen to him :( He must be worried sick about his cats. I really wish I was in a position to help but I couldn't atm. I hope somewhere is found for them, poor things.

Would his insurance policy not cover the cost of them having to be in a cattery or somewhere like that? Maybe a possibility...?

Kay
11-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks Elaine I will pm you Diddy dawn is near me but I think it may be a bit far to bring the cats as they are in Abergavenny in South Wales.
Grete his insurance only covers his health so not an option for the cats but thanks for thinking about them..

Elaine
11-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Have pm'd you Kay xxx
Good luck, I hope these little babes get sorted soon xxx

charliebubs
11-09-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Kay. I'm afraid that I can't help, but I really hope that the situation gets sorted. :(

Kay
12-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks Charlie.

Elaine have received the pm thanks a lot.

Elaine
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Hope it helps Kay xxx

kelly-joy
16-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Aww poor babies any news on these?

Elaine
16-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Any news Kay?