PDA

View Full Version : Lives on the sofa!

Soupie
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Portia seems to spend all her time except when eating or in poo palace on the sofa. She moves around the sofa, sleeping in different places but still never seems to do anything but curl up and sleep :shock:

Is this normal?

dandysmom
05-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Cats normally sleep from 17 to 20 hours a day. It's odd that she doesn't change sleeping places occasionally: most of mine would. They'd sleep in one spot for weeks, and then suddenly find a new spot. I assumed it was leftover instinct from days before domestication where it might be dangerous to sleep in the same spot too long as the scent might lead enemies to you...... how old is she? They do get less active as they age..

Soupie
05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
She does move around the sofa - sleeping in different bits (it is a big one!) ie opposite ends, on the back, on the arms etc. She's 13 but fit and healthy and always up for playing if invited ;)

dandysmom
05-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Odd. That must be a really comfy sofa! :-D Don't have any other ideas; hope someone else can help......

Moli
05-09-2007, 05:05 PM
My Leo is going on 14, he tends to sleep most of the time, or sit and daydream...

dandysmom
05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Leia's 8 1/2, and spends most of her time sleeping, except for the rat-watching session recently, and than had to sleep more to make up for what she'd lost! :-D
She's napping now as I type....:roll: