PDA

View Full Version : Pheromone Spray

sarah5
05-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Has anyone ever used this? My sister got it from her vets and has lent it to me to try with Thomas as he is quite distressed and grumpy at the moment. It's supposed to be good for stressed cats, especially during times of stress like moving house, new cat, etc.

Thing is.. where are you supposed to spray it? And how often?

Sorry if this is a really daft question, I am just not sure!!

dinahsmum
05-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't know either but someone will soon.

dandysmom
05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Here's a link with some information about where and when at the end of the article ...
hope it helps...
http://vetmedicine.about.com/library/news/bl-feliway.htm

Moli
05-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I got a Feliaway spray for mine, much the same thing, and I sprayed it on door frames, chairs etc....

Amber
05-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I am assuming that the spray is called Feliway? If not it probably works in the same way.

Basically you want to spray in areas of the house where your cat is most often. If he has a bed, spray on that, on your bed if he sleeps on there, just generally in various places around the house.

We sell these at our practice and generally speaking have lots of success with them. You can also buy a Feliway diffuser, exactly the same as the 'plug-in' air fresheners - only with the pheromone instead of Glade :-D

sarah5
05-09-2007, 07:58 PM
YES!! It is called Feliway!! Brilliant advice, thanks everyone, I will get spraying tonight.

How often should you repeat the spraying? ie how long does it last for?

Thanks again!! x

sarah5
05-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Here's a link with some information about where and when at the end of the article ...
hope it helps...
http://vetmedicine.about.com/library/news/bl-feliway.htm

Ignore previous question :roll: I have just looked at the link that dandysmom very kindly provided and found out that Feliway®should be sprayed directly onto existing urine marks, as well as prominent objects including furniture, drapes, window frames and doorways one to two times daily for 30 days.

THANK YOU !!!!!!

dandysmom
05-09-2007, 08:03 PM
You're welcome! I've ordered the plug-in for Leia ! Hope it does what it says it will do...

Kay
05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
They are supposed to be very good. Good Luck.