PDA

View Full Version : OH dear he is not happy :(

sarah5
05-09-2007, 12:27 PM
We got Scrabble about 7 weeks ago and all has been really well. We already had Thomas and he has been a lone cat for the last 7 years or so. He took to Scrabble really well, they played and slept together 24/7.. until now.

Unfortunately Thomas suddenly seems very very cross. He hisses and growls at Scrabble even if he just wanders in the room, he slinks around looking very grumpy! Scrabble is such a friendly boy, he just wants to be with his friend. But Thomas does not see Scrabble as his friend right now and I wonder how this has all changed 7 weeks after getting Scrabble?

I have even tried some pheromone spray (can't remember what it's called) but I'm never sure where to spray it?

I wonder now if perhaps Thomas is starting to feel really threatened, I'm not too sure but poor Thomas is NOT a happy boy :(

dinahsmum
05-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Sarah that's a shame after it all started so well. Has this behaviour coincided with Scrabble being neutered? Erin had terrible trouble when her little one returned from the vet and her former 'friend' growled and hissed. It was just the strange 'vet smell' and they became friends again after a number of days. There'll be a thread somewhere.
You could try to do some smell transfer - putting each others special smell (from their eyebrow area) on the other.
The Feliway is a good idea but can take a while to kick in. You could also try some Bachs Rescue Remedy - for Thomas and yourself.
Hope it calms down very quickly.

sarah5
05-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh my goodness, that hadn't occurred to me! Yes you are completely correct, it has coincided with Scrabble being neutered (he was done last week). Gosh that has really suprised me, thank you for your reply that makes a lot of sense now!

I will do as you suggest, thank you!!!!

I Love Simba
05-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Precious and Misty had lived together for a several years. Precious and Misty are now deceased. Misty went to the vet sometime and then when Misty got back home, Misty tried to play with Precious and Precious suddenly hated her. What I'm trying to say is it will straighten out. I just left them alone and didn't do anything and it got better after about a week or two.:)