PDA

View Full Version : Colourpoint Cat Club Show

Kay
03-09-2007, 11:39 AM
As I am the treasurer of the Colourpoint Cat Club I thought I would post a thread about our show. We are only a small breed club and unfortunately only had 13 entries last none of which were household pets which was a great shame as it always lovely to see them being shown. We need support to keep our show going.
The show is on the 5/01/08 at Stoneleigh Park Exhibition Centre, Stoneleigh, Warkshire and schedules will be available from about the 2nd week in October and can be either down loaded from our website:- www.colourpointcatclub.co.uk (http://www.colourpointcatclub.co.uk)
or by sending a stamped addressed A5 envelope to:-
Ms H Morton
21 Calder Drive
Kearsley
BL4 8PX
If any of you fancy showing any of your beautiful household pets or if any of you have Colourpoints that you can show please, please think about supporting us.
We share our show with the British Ragdoll and the Shorthair (not just British Shorthair any shorthair breed).

I word of warning though please do not tell me which cats you are entering if any as I am one of the judges and I wouldn't want to be swayed in anyway ;) .

Here's hoping I will have some good classes to judge.

Soupie
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I'n going to be there for the Shorthair club bit :) Will come and say hi though

Kay
03-09-2007, 02:08 PM
I'n going to be there for the Shorthair club bit :) Will come and say hi though

That would be great. You could always show a household pet in your show. ;)

Kazz
03-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Excellent idea and I hope you have a good turn out Kay.....I will come along and speak to you boost your numbers through the door.

Can I just repeat what Kay has said......SHE IS A JUDGE.......So....... Quote Kay; A word of warning though please do not tell me which cats you are entering if any as I am one of the judges and I wouldn't want to be swayed in anyway
Karen

Kazz
03-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Come on Moggie people....lets get in there Luke? Alex? Smudgley? Erin???...??? Come local Moggie people....ENTER

dinahsmum
03-09-2007, 05:28 PM
It would be lovely - almost a Catsey Cat Show!

Fran
03-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I might manage to make it ;)

Come on - lets have a bit of support for this club!

sarahd
03-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I'll be there for the Raggie and British Side of things. Look forward to meeting anyone who will be there.

Is it at the same place in Telford again Kay?

Sarah
x

Fran
03-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Is it at the same place in Telford again Kay?

Sarah
x

No it's at a different venue this year Sarah..

Stoneleigh Park Exhibition Centre, Stoneleigh, Warks. CV8 2LZ

borderdawn
04-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Is it common practice with Cat people to announce a show they are judging? We wouldnt dream of doing it in Dogs. Is it the norm? Im not familiar with Cat showing.
Dawn.

Kay
04-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I am only judging the Household pets so there isn't a problem. Household pets are usually judged by someone on the committee and not a qualified pedigree judge. I had to point out that I was the judge so that noone would say who they were bringing if any.

tilly
04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Can't make it with mine as tilly is a virus carrier but good luck to anybody who does go
sally

borderdawn
04-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I am only judging the Household pets so there isn't a problem. Household pets are usually judged by someone on the committee and not a qualified pedigree judge. I had to point out that I was the judge so that noone would say who they were bringing if any.
I see Kay, thanks for that. :)

Soupie
05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
That would be great. You could always show a household pet in your show. ;)

I don't have a household pet suitable for showing - I would never put Portia through it at her age and with her disposition :(

Kay
07-09-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't have a household pet suitable for showing - I would never put Portia through it at her age and with her disposition :(

That's a shame but it will be lovely to see you and anyone else that can get there.

babycakes
07-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I would love to show Denis but he is soooo scared!! never mind would also love to go but I am going away. Hope all goes well and hopefully I will get to the next one

Kay
07-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I would love to show Denis but he is soooo scared!! never mind would also love to go but I am going away. Hope all goes well and hopefully I will get to the next one

Thanks it would be lovely to see you at a show sometime. The Preston and Blackpool is relatively near you and I usual do that one as my mum lives near and I can leave the kids with her. I think it is usually in March but would have to check.

yola
07-09-2007, 09:59 PM
So can ANY household pet come along irrespective of pedigree? I have one who is a lousy traveller but has a lovely temperament and another who is cool in the car but nervous as anything with strangers.

Do either of these sound a possible candidate (can you tell I've never even BEEN to a show before) ;)

borderdawn
07-09-2007, 10:15 PM
I think they have to be moggies Yola?

Kay
08-09-2007, 10:24 PM
So can ANY household pet come along irrespective of pedigree? I have one who is a lousy traveller but has a lovely temperament and another who is cool in the car but nervous as anything with strangers.

Do either of these sound a possible candidate (can you tell I've never even BEEN to a show before) ;)

Sorry Yola but Household Pets have to be non pedigree. It would be lovely to see you if you wanted to pop along though.