PDA

View Full Version : Update on Tigs

AnnShoebridge
31-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi All

Tigs started to go downhill again this week and so I took him back to the vets yesterday.

He lost his appetite again and also his breathing appeared to be quite laboured.

My vet is WONDERFUL and asked me to take Tigs in first thing this morning so that he could do a chest x-ray to see what was going on in there. The bad news is that he now has pneumonia.

The vet is giving him intravenous fluids, together with antiobotics and was pleased when Tigs' appetite appeared to pick up. He's keeping him in overnight to keep an eye on my old boy, my bestest mate! He's promised to phone me tonight if there's any change for the worst and will phone me in the morning in any case.

I know things aren't looking good for Tigs and I am preparing myself for the worst.

In the meantime here are some recent photos I took of my gorgeous, handsome chap:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/Shoeysmum/Aug2007003.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/Shoeysmum/Aug2007005.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/Shoeysmum/Aug2007008.jpg

Ann xxx

Kazz
31-08-2007, 08:34 PM
What an utterly gorgeous cat.
I hope everything turns out for the best but I disagree (in the nicest possible way :) ) with your sentence "I am preparing myself for the worst" As the worst would be to let him carry on when you know his time has come. Its the last and most loving gesture you will ever do for him. So take your courage in your hands and if the time is right it is right.

But hopefully that time is a way off and he will be back to his old self soon.

Take care an best wishes to Tigs. Karen

Kazz
31-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Oppps meant to say that last picture something really got his attention didn't it its a great picture.

babycakes
31-08-2007, 08:58 PM
OH I'm sorry you are having a bad night. X Big massive hugs to you and Tigs healing vibes and thoughts and prayers with you. I hope hope hope all will look brighter tomorrow. Please let us know if anything good or bad happens. You are never alone with Catsey. X

Jac
31-08-2007, 09:00 PM
I love that last photo. I'm sure this great looking boy will be fine. Good luck.

Elaine
31-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear this news of Tigs, I do hope all will be fine and now that his appetite is back he will be on the mend from the phneumonia.
Will have everything crossed for him xxx
Many of us here know just how upsetting all this can be. Sending you and Tigs lots of love and best wishes xxx

Mags
31-08-2007, 09:25 PM
So sorry to hear about Tigs latest setback, Ann...........sending strong healing vibes to your dear boy.

Tigs looks so much like Sam, my previous cat and he is just as handsome...:)

Take care and best wishes to you and Tigs.....

Erin
31-08-2007, 09:57 PM
What a gorgeous boy,i have everything crossed here for him and sending loads of healing vibes and hugs for you ((((hugs))))

tilly
31-08-2007, 11:07 PM
He is a stunning old man and I hope he can pull through.

Sally

Fran
31-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh I am so sorry to read this :( he certainly is a very handsome lad!! I have everything crossed for his recovery x

AnnShoebridge
31-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks you all for your loving wishes. The vet phoned me earlier this evening and even he is preparing me for the 'worst'. Hubby and I are going along to the surgery tomorrow at 11.45 to have a chat with him.

Kazz, for me "preparing myself for the worst" means having to say goodbye to my gorgeous ginger and white bestest mate. However, I do appreciate what you mean when you say "the worst would be to let him carry on when you know his time has come". I don't believe in prolonging the life of any living being (including people) purely for my own selfish reasons. I let all 3 of my previous cats go when I knew the time was right and I will do the same for Tigs as difficult as it will be.

I thank every single one of you for your loving hugs and healing vibes.

Ann xxx

Mags
31-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Will be thinking of you tomorrow Ann ...(((hugs)))

dinahsmum
01-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Thinking of you x

Kazz
01-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Anne I never thought for a moment you wouldn't do whats best for him. You can actually feel how much he means to you from your posts. I wish you the strength you will need and hope the memories will quickly turn to smiles.

Please take care it is a hard adn difficult day and not one anyone wants to come round.
Thinking of you. Karen

babycakes
01-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Hope all is ok today. X

sammy
01-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Thinking of you today, hope you get some better news.xxx

AnnShoebridge
01-09-2007, 01:24 PM
:cry: Hi All

It was a very sad day for us today. The decision about letting Tigs go was taken away from us and he passed away whilst at the vets. Hubby, myself and our eldest son went to see him. Both myself and my son gave him lots of cuddles whereas my husband could only stroke him.

RIP Tigs

Ann :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/Shoeysmum/Aug2007008.jpg

babycakes
01-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I am so sorry :(

RIP Tigs XXXX
Big hugs to you and your family (((((((((()))))))))))))

dinahsmum
01-09-2007, 01:33 PM
So sorry Ann.
He was such a beautiful boy.
One day you will look back with smiles, remembering the good times; I know it hurts now.

Mags
01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
So very sorry Anne,:(

I know how hard it is for you and your family at the moment but in time you will be able to recall many, many happy memories of your years with Tigs....

Thinking of you and your family...((((hugs)))) x

RIP beautiful boy.......xx

kado
01-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I am so sorry for you all. Lovely and handsome looking boy.
R I P little one

jane X

Elaine
01-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh no, I am so terribly sorry Anne, big hugs to you and your family. xxxx
R.I.P. Tigs, you were always loved and will be missed greatly, play hard at the bridge baby xxx:cry:

MrsH
01-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm so sorry that you've lost your gorgeous boy. It's never easy for any of us when this happens.

Kazz
01-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Thinking of you ...... Karen

sammy
01-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your lovely Tigs.....

Take care,

Sammy.x

Fran
01-09-2007, 05:54 PM
I am so very sorry to read this Anne :( He was a gorgeous boy whom you obviously loved dearly.

RIP Tigs, sleep well handsome boy x

dandysmom
01-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Thinking of you today, Anne, and am so terribly sorry...:(.... it's never easy ...RIP, beautiful Tigs, play at the Bridge....

mable1718
02-09-2007, 09:02 AM
thinking of you anne

(((((((huge hugs))))))))))

R I P little one run free to the bridge

AnnShoebridge
02-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes at this sad time for us.

Just one more thing though; many of you mention the bridge. I've heard this poem and thought I had a copy of it on the PC. Does anyone have a copy they could let me have please.

Many thanks.

Ann xxx

Moli
02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
So sorry to read about Tigs, he is a gorgeous boy, sending healing vibes to you and Tigs...xx

Mags
02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Here you are Anne ....... they are such comforting words in your loss...

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called RainbowBridge. When an
animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet
goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our
special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of
food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The
animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each
miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly
stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His
eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying
over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally
meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your
pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author Unknown

AnnShoebridge
02-09-2007, 02:36 PM
:smt041 Thanks Mags - reading that really made me:smt022

Ann

Moli
02-09-2007, 06:52 PM
So Sorry Anne....Thoughts and Hugs with you and your family...
Run Free little Tigs...xx

Erin
02-09-2007, 07:05 PM
oh no im so sorry :( RIP beautiful boy xx

babycakes
02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Ditto to the cry bit!!! Look after yourself over the coming months.
You will see Tigs again Anne. But remember that he is happy with all the other animals that we have all lost. He will play and romp until you are ready to be reunited. It is us who sit and cry. You gave him the best life and that's all any one of us can do. XXX