PDA

View Full Version : Writing an article

Kazz
30-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Okay following on from Dawn's good start on articles...I have decided to write one on elderly cats and their care.

Anyone care to contribute.:-D Looking for owners (past present) of elderly cats not elderly owners ;)

Elaine
30-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I'd like to contribute to that Kazz.

Kazz
30-08-2007, 09:26 PM
More than welcome how about PM'ing me and then we can brainstorm ideas and then work out a format.

Anyone and all welcome.

tilly
30-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I help if I can.
Sally

Elaine
30-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Ok, my brain is a wee bit fried tonight after trying to read all about costings, marketing and such like but will do just as soon as.;)

dandysmom
30-08-2007, 09:40 PM
I'd love to contribute, Karen; just give me a few guidelines as to what sort of info you want ........

Kazz
30-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Right people - fellow contributors until 9.11pm tonight I had not thought of writing an article but Dawn's one spurred me on, hence my post at 9.12pm :)

I thought headings a brief section on various bits cover everything but nothing in depth.
I thought the title could be Pensioner Puss. (but sure you could all suggest something better)
How to recognise old age -signs aging, sleeping more, slowing down etc.
How to mantain good health - teeth etc, danger of kidney disease, constipation, weight increase and decrease, Arthiritis.
How to feed - Less protien, carbo increased etc.
More toilet breaks- ie increase litter trays as walking upstairs may not be as easy as it was so getting from your bed to a downstairs litter tray or outside is not as easy as it once was.
Personal appearance - Grooming a little help appreciated. Claws and dewclaws may need help.....
Can you hear me....Hearing and eyesight may deteriorate.
Forty winks. Older cats sleep more,............need routine etc.
Illness...............
Euthanasia....

That sort of thing .......just a quick few points elaborate all you wish..............:)

borderdawn
30-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Fabulous idea Kazz and on the ioldies I dont think tehre could be a better author!

Kay
31-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Great idea Kazz. Good luck.