PDA

View Full Version : Chloe/Misty Update

Donna
30-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Just thought I would let you all know that I havent had any carpet "accidents" from Chloe still. She seems fairly content as far as I can tell.

Misty is still using Chloe's tray and missing from time to time but it is on ceramic tiles on newspaper in the downstairs bathroom so it is easier to clean there than the dining room carpet.

They are now eating three/four smaller meals thoughout the day and this seems to be helping Chloe. I am not sure if she weighs any more (will check) but looks and feels less skeletal. I have bought better food and better biscuits so this is also helping with her weight.

Misty is still not quite sorted out her problems with the cat flap. She has gone out it a few more times in the last couple of weeks and this morning she actually came in :shock: but dont get your hopes up girls cos I am convinced she doesnt know how she did it :roll: She might of got through if it didnt shut properly after Chloe came in, but I still dont trust her outside and left to her own devices to get in :-D

I am not stressing too much now as it is not my carpets getting ruined and both cats seem to be happy.

Mags
30-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm glad there's been some improvement Donna....:D

I'm sure Misty will master the flap eventually ........in her own time! :-D

borderdawn
30-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Good to hear about the improvements, hope they continue.
Dawn.

Fran
30-08-2007, 05:27 PM
So glad to read there has been improvement Donna, hope it continues!

tilly
30-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Glad things are improving.
Sally

MrsH
30-08-2007, 05:45 PM
It's good to hear that there's a lot less tension in your home now, your cats will be picking up on this too. Hoping the improvement continues.

Sweet
30-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Nice to read x

dandysmom
30-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Good news! May it continue to improve.....

Donna
30-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks all. Thanks for all your advice and help along the way x

Elaine
30-08-2007, 09:55 PM
So pleased there has been an improvement, hope it all continues in that vain xxx

Kazz
30-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Excellent news....

dinahsmum
31-08-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm glad things are better in your house Donna. Good!

charliebubs
31-08-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm pleased to hear that things are on the up, Donna! :)

Donna
31-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, I dont know how to say this ladies.....

I will just have to come straight out with it....

Went to work this morning as usual and both cats were in the garden and not wanting to come in. As I was only going to be gone three hours I decided to leave them.

When I got home....

Chloe was indoors

and.....

so was Misty!!!!!

She must of come through the cat flap!!!!! She has a magnet on her collar and it was magnetically locked. I am feeling rather hopeful we are taking slow steps forward!!!

dinahsmum
31-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Shhhhhh ........ don't let her know you noticed! :D
Very good news

Donna
31-08-2007, 01:39 PM
It has only taken THREE YEARS!!!!!!

Gave her half a pouch of turkey in jelly as a reward :-)

She probably wont do it again for ages, but will keep on shutting her outside and see if she comes in (have a feeling she wont use the flap if she knows I am in, so will try a few more mornings when I go to work).

Mags
31-08-2007, 10:35 PM
What a lovely surprise for you to come home to Donna ..........at long last!!! :-D

Well done Misty! :lol:

dandysmom
31-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Well done Misty!!! That well might be that when she knows you're away she'll use it ... clever little girl!

Donna
01-09-2007, 04:01 PM
She did it again today!!!!!! Went to work at 8.30am. Just got in, and she was snoozing on Emma's bed!!!

Mags
01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
She did it again today!!!!!! Went to work at 8.30am. Just got in, and she was snoozing on Emma's bed!!!
Woo hoo! Go Misty go!!:-D

dinahsmum
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Woo hoo! Go Misty go!!:-D
And so say all of us!
There'll be no stopping her now.
Well done Donna, for not giving up

PS - do you think those hated sessions of being stuffed head first through the catflap actually did some good?

Donna
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
And so say all of us!
There'll be no stopping her now.
Well done Donna, for not giving up

PS - do you think those hated sessions of being stuffed head first through the catflap actually did some good?

LOL you never know DM!!!! Gotta be cruel to be kind ;)

I just dont understand her at all but the next step is to get her to come in through the flap when I am in, as she just sits and stares at me from the garden instead of coming in. :?

Maybe all these years, she is just using me as her personal door opener and could use the flap all the time :shock: :shock: :-D

Once I feel completely at ease with her use of the flap I can then maybe move onto the next stage.... but will leave things as they are for a few months so both myself and the cats all know what we are supposed to be doing :cool: