PDA

View Full Version : Feliway - question

dandysmom
30-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm planning on getting a Feliway dispenser to alleviate Leia's anxiety/stress/jealousy of Onyx. However, I'm wondering if, since it's Summer and the doors and windows are all open, if it would be effective...wouldn't most of the pheromones just escape outside with the air flow? Would it be better to wait until cooler weather when the house is closed?
Feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

dinahsmum
30-08-2007, 03:56 PM
No experience - sorry!
Someone will know .....

Elaine
30-08-2007, 04:03 PM
How many are you planning to get?
Is there one room which Leia feels most at home in which is perhaps not so well air'd? If so then plug one in there, used in conjunction with RR should help.
I dont think it would make too much of a difference about windows being open etc as Leia's senses are of a much higher quality than ours and will get the benefit from it regardless.

dandysmom
30-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks, Elaine, that makes sense! It would be the living room, as that's where she spends most of her time, except in the Summer months which is on the porch. I'd planned on one. The living room is where the introduction/encounter would take place......

Kazz
30-08-2007, 05:24 PM
No idea Dm but I do hope it works...fingers crossed here. Karen

Kay
31-08-2007, 11:20 AM
I agree with Elaine cats senses are so much more heightened than ours I still think it would be effective.