PDA

View Full Version : Kitten wont be quiet!

sillylilykitty
29-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Our new kitten Tanzie is my sisters cat. Tanzie sleeps with her in my sisters room. I sleep with Lily in my room. I have to wake up at 5:00 am for school and Heather (my sister) sleeps in. Tanzie got into the habit of meowing loudly in Heathers room whenever she hears me awake and walking around the house. She is VERY loud and I dont like hearing her do this, and I think it could be bad news if the neighbors complain (we live in an apartment) about it.

She got into the habit when Heather was gone for a few nights and so Tanzie was in her room alone and meowed in the morning. I had to let her out because I needed to feed her before I left for school. Now it's a habit whether Heather is here or not and its becoming rather annoying.

Oh, her mother (Tanzies mom is Star) does this also but my parents (Star's owners) just let her out and put her in the garage until someones ready to wake up. But first, we dont have a garage and second I wouldnt want to do that, I would rather get her so she doesnt meow. Is this possible? Does anyone have any tips or advice?

babycakes
29-08-2007, 02:55 PM
My cat's very vocal and always has been. Some just are especially siamese as I'm sure other owners, like Fran will tell you
I haven't broken the habit with mine but then I talk to him and so he answers me

Sorry not much help but I'm sure other may be

Rosie
29-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Why can't you just let the two cats out together and feed them at the same time? My cats would go mad if they heard me get up and they were shut in another room.

sillylilykitty
29-08-2007, 03:39 PM
The reason I dont is because if I let her out when shes meowing then whenever she wants anything at all she will meow and know that if she does it long enough we will do whatever she wants.

John
29-08-2007, 03:39 PM
the siamese I had years ago was very vocal, its just the type/breed of cat, as others have said I would let him/her out and feed them both together..sorry I cannot suggest anything else..

sillylilykitty
29-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Lily, my cat, I made sure to play with her when I woke up or brush my hair before I feed her so that she didnt think as soon as I wake up she gets fed (which leads to cat waking you up because they know once you wake up they get food).

John
29-08-2007, 03:56 PM
The reason I dont is because if I let her out when shes meowing then whenever she wants anything at all she will meow and know that if she does it long enough we will do whatever she wants.

have you thought that maybe its the cat thats trying to get you trainedhttp://www.catsey.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.catsey.com/images/icons/icon10.gif