PDA

View Full Version : Taking Milo to the vets.....

Erin
29-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Im just waiting for my mom to come a fetch us.

We have had a new bed delievered today and Milo has either got out while it was being brought in or the window was open in the back bedroom upstairs and my sister forgot to shut the bed room door so he could have fallen out of there.Anyway we have been turning the hous upside down looking for him,ed went to look out side for him and found him curled up under a bush,he has a bloody nose and cant put any weight on his front right paw :cry:
My poor baby boy :cry: hes very quite and is jut curled up in his cage trying his hardest not to move.please please send some positive vibes to him.

Donna
29-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh no!!!! Hope its nothing serious - let us know asap. Poor Milo x

dinahsmum
29-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Poor little boy! :(
Lots of healing vibes coming his way - the vet is the best place for him just now.
He'll be fine - and don't beat yourself up. Accidents do happen.

Kazz
29-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Ahhhh......best wishes coming from here Oz did this when he was about Milo''s age too I lived in a first floor flat then it was shock more than anything and no broken bones but he sort of bounced the vet said. :( But he recovered quickly and in his "prime" he could and would happily jump from back bedroom windows onto the porch and shed roofs then jump down. Sure Milo will be the same.

I'm not more than 40 minutes from you if you need a lift or transport. Give me a shout I'll PM you my mobile.

Best wishes and healing thoughts Karen

dinahsmum
29-08-2007, 01:07 PM
............ have just checked your profile and see that the cats are insured. Good! One less worry

Samz5
29-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Poor Milo, hope he will be ok, sending positive vibes your way!
This happened to Tango when he was about 4 months old and he was fine.

Fran
29-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Positive vibes being sent from here x

MrsH
29-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Hope everything turns out well at the vets. Poor Milo!

Erin
29-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks all.
We saw oeof the nurses and she wasnt happy with one of his claws,he went mad every time she went near it.There wasnt a vet free to look at him so she has kept him in untill a vet is free to take a look.
She said that he was a bit pale but they would be down to shock.
His leg was fine,no broken bones which is a good thing its just this one claw,so ive nowgotto try an keep mself busy untill I hear from the vet!

Kazz thanks so much for that I really appriciate it :D

DM All my animals are insured its one of te first things I do :D

Mags
29-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Poor Milo :( good that there are no broken bones and hopefully his claw will soon heal. He probably tried to grip onto something when he fell and there was too much pressure on that claw....:?

Positive vibes being sent to him for a quick recovery and ((((hugs)))) to you Erin...

dinahsmum
29-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Fingers crossed that it's just a torn claw or at worst a broken toe. Poor little boy

babycakes
29-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww poor baby.

Hope all is ok. Positive vibes being send XXX

Erin
29-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks all,

How long does it take!!!!!!!!! Im going out of mind here,didnt think it would take this long for a call back,wish they would hurry up :(

Erin
29-08-2007, 03:50 PM
The vets have just called back,I can go and get him now :D He has had an injection and has a course of anti-inflammatories that I have to try and get him to take :roll: she said that his paw looks ok just a little swallen and that he may have just landed funny on it,heres the best part,I have to try and keep him quiet and calm for a few days :lol: then take him back in 5 days for a check up.
Thanks all :D

Donna
29-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Glad it was nothing too serious! Hope Milo feels better soon.

dandysmom
29-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Poor Milo, poor you! Glad it wasn't broken bones; maybe with his poorly paw you'll be able to keep him reasonably quiet..... loads of healing vibes coming, Erin!

dinahsmum
29-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Well it could have been a lot worse. 'Spect he'll be quiet tonight but as for keeping him quiet from tomorrrow .......Well, he's an indoor boy, so that will help.

MrsH
29-08-2007, 04:16 PM
What a good job there seems to be no real damage done. Lucky boy!

Moli
29-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Buckets of healing vibes winging your way Erin.....

Erin
29-08-2007, 05:39 PM
my baby is home feeling very sorry for himself,he hassplit his little nail :( I have to take him back on monday for a check up or before then if im worried at all. He still dried blood round his nose,but the nurse said not to clean it and to leave it for him to do himself,not sure why :?
I have a couple of photos,ill load them when I can get them on the laptop.

Fran
29-08-2007, 05:47 PM
So pleased that it is nothing too serious Erin. Good luck keeping him quiet :roll: :-D

Mags
29-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't more serious Erin...

Have you a cage/crate you can keep him for a few days to rest him?

Erin
29-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks both,I dont have a crate mags,I only have the carrier but hes flat out at the moment so im not to worried,hopefully that injection he had will keep him quite calm for the rest of the night.

babycakes
29-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Glad he is ok. He may have had such a shock that he will want to keep quite for a while....

sammy
29-08-2007, 06:11 PM
So glad he's OK. My (then) 14 year old came out of an upstairs window when we first moved into this house. She was shocked and had a bump on her chin, but otherwise fine. They're remarkably resilient aren't they?

sarahd
29-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Poor little Milo. Hope he stays settled tonight for you and you dont have too much of a problem keeping him quiet.

If he feels uncomfortable with his claw it might be a good thing in helping to keep him still

Healing vibes being sent Milo's way for a speedy recovery

sarah
x