PDA

View Full Version : Can This Happen?

I Love Simba
29-08-2007, 03:50 AM
I just had some bone marrow drew out by a doctor to see if I have cancer. I get my results September 13th. The question is... Can Simba sense I am in pain from this because he is hanging around me more than usual? Alomst like he is checking to see if I am okay. Do cats usually do this? I read a story abouty a cat that took on his owner's liver and kidney disease from her 20 years of drinking. 2 years after she recovered, she took her cat to the vet and found out that the cat had liver and kidney disease. The cat died about 2 weeks later. That was one reason why I was wondering. The 2nd reason is stated above in the question about "Can Simba feel my pain". Do you know of these things happening to anyone elses pet. Thanks in advance for the replies.

dinahsmum
29-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Firstly, huge but gentle hugs to you. You must be feeling pretty worried. Hope the next 2 weeks go quickly and the results are negative.
I'm sure Simba can detect that you are feeling anxious. If you think about it virtually all a cats communication is non-vocal, so they are expert at body language - better at telling our moods than humans might be.
It's lovely that he is already so bonded with you that he recognises you are not your normal self.
Take care and be good to yourself - and love that little kitty

mable1718
29-08-2007, 09:01 AM
(((((((huge hugs )))))))) to you but im sorry but i can not help so i hope other people can

kado
29-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I think animals can sense when there owner is ill due to personal experenses. Take care of yourself and i am thinking of you.

jane X

Mags
29-08-2007, 12:21 PM
I think cats can sense when a person in unwell or worried ....it's almost as if they can read you.

I pray your results come back negative, thinking of you...

Take care and ((((hugs)))) to you and Simba....

Samz5
29-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I believe cats can sense when your not feeling well. I'm sure Simba is doing his best to look after you.
Whenever I am ill my cat Rags always gives me lots of extra attention, at the moment we both have colds so were looking after each other.
Take care and good luck with your test results.

babycakes
29-08-2007, 02:52 PM
You must be stressed out, sending positive vibes that the results come back alright. X

Simba has probably sensed a change in your mood/behaviour. She probably knows your a bit emotional and wants to comfort you. A cat I had in the past used to do this with me if I was upset.

It's dogs I think that sense illness etc so I'm pretty sure that's not why she's paying extra attention. All my cats have ignored even cuts in the past, whereas a dog would lick it for example.

Buckets of hugs sent to you XXX

Erin
29-08-2007, 03:22 PM
((((hugs)))) hoping and praying for negatie results xxx

Donna
29-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Agree with all the comments re cats knowing when something is wrong. And lots of (Hugs) to you and fingers crossed your results are good news x

John
29-08-2007, 03:50 PM
My big ginger tom I had always new when I was ill, and on a night would lay on the bed with me..other nights he would be out checking his terrortry..hope everything goes well for you

dandysmom
29-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh yes, they can indeed sense when you're upset or in pain, I know from experience. They are very very good at that. Cuddle Simba, take care of yourself, and do let us know the results; am praying they will be negative,,,(((hugs)))