PDA

View Full Version : As of today the garden revamp

Kazz
28-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Here you are stage 1 maybe stage 2 but loads of stages to go.
The plan is to take the path the 50p slabs up leave the car parking space alone the piece of trellis that sticks out half way or so up will not stay there but garden in a zig zag pattern with block paving. To the gate. It will make sense. Hard work though, getting it level. But it will give more sitting space and the fence will go now the pup (is older) and can almost be trusted not to wreck the plants :roll: You can see my pots on the right too. I know it looks a mess but it will get better trust me. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2007-8-2800000-1.jpg

Mags
28-08-2007, 09:52 PM
It's looking good Kazz.....are you doing all that on your own?:?

And if you think your garden looks a mess, mine must be a rubbish tip!! :lol: It always looks neat and tidy whatever you're doing!:D

Kazz
28-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I am well with Dad and my new slave sorry assistant Louis my nephew. ;) it is far from hard. But it will look really amazing I predict. I have trimmed back the sundances and the laurel the left of the picture. The big conifer has gone. Hence the look of space on the left. :) Eric the acer has gone to the left and Ernie the other Acer will be at the top decided against Tubs and praying for no more vine weevil.

Moli
28-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Looks good now, can't wait to see the finished result...:)

dandysmom
28-08-2007, 10:01 PM
A lot of thought and hard work has gone into that! Looking good, Karen!

Kazz
28-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Wrong actually Eileen I never think about the garden it kinda evolves around me then an idea comes and it grows into a thought then an action and hey presto out comes the spade and fork and off I go. Seriously I have been thinking of this for a little while its ofrulation it that gets to me.

Moli
28-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Wish I had half of your idea's Kazz, and your energy too!

dandysmom
28-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I do second that!!!!

Kazz
28-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Oh I have told you haven't I I dug all the grass out from the front put weed membrane down (you know that black stuff) topped it off with paving then gravel in between? Increased the borders out too.... Did I mention that? .

dandysmom
28-08-2007, 10:25 PM
No, and it is making me tired just thinking of all that work .......:roll: :-D

Kazz
28-08-2007, 10:28 PM
No, and it is making me tired just thinking of all that work .......:roll: :-D

The devil makes work for idle hands....think what he could get me doing....Nah got to keep busy.:-D And I enjoy it.
Trimmedcut back the rose and the honeysuckle at the top of the garden too, put up new trellis you can just see it I think, so it does not get overgrown/unkempt I hate that look.:roll:

Moli
28-08-2007, 10:29 PM
No, and it is making me tired just thinking of all that work .......:roll: :-DMe too DM, that would take me a month at least to do....:roll:

dandysmom
28-08-2007, 10:33 PM
The devil makes work for idle hands....think what he could get me doing....Nah got to keep busy.:-D And I enjoy it.
Trimmedcut back the rose and the honeysuckle at the top of the garden too, put up new trellis you can just see it I think, so it does not get overgrown/unkempt I hate that look.:roll:
That reminds me of your quote in an earlier post: "One person's jungle is another person's Eden" ..... I tend to like the natural look rather than the manicured...which is a polite way of saying that I don't do near as much pruning as I should.... :-D

Fran
28-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Looking really good Kazz, looking forward to the finished result :cool:

Kazz
29-08-2007, 12:12 PM
That reminds me of your quote in an earlier post: "One person's jungle is another person's Eden" ..... I tend to like the natural look rather than the manicured...which is a polite way of saying that I don't do near as much pruning as I should.... :-D

I like the jungle look too but my garden does not tend towards that I think if I lived in the country or that sort of setting I would let an area look jungle but organised. But where I live it had to be within bounds and as you know honeysuckle gets out of hand very quickly unless kept in check. Oh to have 4 or 5 acres. :-D

Kazz
29-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Progress today. The zigzag is in :-D And Tess is wondering why I am hanging out the WC window.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2007-8-2900000.jpg

Mags
29-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Looking really good Kazz!:D

Kazz
29-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Ta Mags will look better with the planting in and maybe Spring next year onward.

Donna
29-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Cant wait to see the photos when its finished!!

dinahsmum
29-08-2007, 12:53 PM
It's good to see pics of 'work in progress'.
You're right, it will take a bit of time to grow in, but probably shorter than you think

dandysmom
29-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Looking great! Well done you!