PDA

View Full Version : Cat found us

kado
28-08-2007, 01:28 PM
On Friday night i heard a cat crying outside our flat. I went to investigate and its such a friendly one gave it some food well it followerd me back inside and it was still there an hour later so gave it some more food and went to bed. The followering morning a friend asked me if to come around to see if i knew this cat. He is still there. He is realy handsome, uses the litter tray, likes children I have never seen him around this area before i think he is part siamese. The person who is looking after him has put notices up in the two shops in the villiage and will take him to the vets to see if he is chipped and will keep him if a owner doesnt come forward as well. Can any of you tell me of any lost and found lists for cats please, he must be somebodys as he is very friendly. They have nicked named him Lewis after Lewis Hamilton.

jane

Sweet
28-08-2007, 01:44 PM
This happened to my Best Friend recently, Ruby as she named her is still with her, no one has came forward.

Ruby was placed on the found register at the Vets, perhaps your local Vets run a similar thing?

Can we have pics? x

Mags
28-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Jane, here's a list of links for lost cats in the Yorkshire area which may help you......

Yorkshire: Calder Valley, W. Yorkshire: Tel: 01706 810489 or Email: caldercats@tesco.net or visit »» Lost & Found Webpage (http://www.catchat.org/calderlf/cgibin/prtoc.cgi)

Yorkshire: South Yorkshire Pets Lost & Found - Web: www.syorkspetslostnfound.co.uk (http://www.syorkspetslostnfound.co.uk/)

Yorkshire: Beverley & Pocklington C.P. - Email: lostcats@bpcp.org.uk

Yorkshire: Leeds area: Petwatch - Tel: 0113 268 9973 (please only call between 9am - 5pm)

Yorkshire: Bradford area: Cat Watch/Rescue - Tel: 01274 487546 or 01274 682326

Yorkshire: Wakefield area: Wakefield Cat Aid - Tel: 01924 862049

Yorkshire: York area: York CP On-line Lost & Found register: www.yorkcats.org.uk/lostfound.htm (http://www.yorkcats.org.uk/lostfound.htm)

Yorkshire: Sheffield Cats Shelter, Tel: 0114 272 4441, Email (info@thesheffieldcatsshelter.org), Web site: www.thesheffieldcatsshelter.org (http://www.thesheffieldcatsshelter.org/)

kado
28-08-2007, 02:22 PM
I will try to get a pic later on.

jane

babycakes
28-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Mmmmm Wonder if you will end up being his forever home??

mable1718
28-08-2007, 02:54 PM
I wonder if you will be his new owner lol hope all goes well

kado
28-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Unfortunately he choose another friend who has 4 cats but if it does end up being his forever home i will still get to look after him when i cat sit for them.

jane

dandysmom
28-08-2007, 04:17 PM
I hope he's reunited with his owner; if not sounds as if he's found a good home with your friend! Pics would be nice!

kado
28-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Found out from another neighbour he had being in her flat that same night her OH had thought it was there cat. He got up at 6am to go to work and he walked in had a full pouch of food and dry buscuits and a bowl of milk. He was then fed at 8am by my friend who has him now. Will post pics tomorow.

jane

Moli
28-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Sounds like a Chancer to me!:lol:

Acebikerchick
31-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Hahahahaha, hes got the best of both worlds now, bless him, whta a belly he will have after all this feeding..

kado
31-08-2007, 10:21 PM
My friend has told me tonight that the cat isnt chipped and he as deflead him and is ok he had taken him to the vets yesterday. I know he has a found a realy good home in my friend who will look after him for ever.

jane

kelly-joy
16-09-2007, 11:00 AM
My moggy mogs came to me abit like this. many years ago I was living in temporary housing which had a cat flap. Went on holiday came back and there was a cat in the house and he had made himself right at home. I put posters up,adds in local shops and papers,Phoned vets and local rescues and even had him put on air on the local radio station. weeks pasted and I was just about to move when I got a call saying I think you have my cat and said well you can keep him as I don't want him anymore and put the phone down so thats how and came to live with me. He has moved with me several times now. He is the only cat I let outside and he goes to loads of the neighbours to eat and sleep at theres he is so so cheeky but he always comes home to me if he is hurt.