PDA

View Full Version : Undecended testicle.

random
25-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Colin is almost 5 months old and is staying with us 'til he has been done as he is going to live with Jessie. Firstly I don't want to start a debate about the breeding of them.

Anyway he only has one testicle down and although I will be ringing the vet on Monday for advice I thought I would post here to see if anyone here has any advice before hand.

Obviously I want to get him done asap so he can go and settle in his new home. Our vet would have neutered him at 4 months and that was the origional plan, but with just the one testicle down we've been waiting for number 2 to make an appearence and a month later and it's still not here so he's a month behind leaving home (not that I mind at all of course! :smt007)

I know they can take some time to come down so this is not the worry, the main worry is that we didn't want him going with Jessie (who is due her spay next month anyway) with them both intact especially with Jessie being a little bit older as they both would be 'technically' able to reproduce but we are still waiting for Colin's other testicle hence why he's still here with me (if that makes sense at all)!

Fran
25-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Claude only had one testicle descend. My vets delayed neutering to give the other testicle time to descend, it never did :roll: It meant a bigger operation when he was neutered as they obviously had to go 'searching' for the other testicle. It turns out Claude did in fact only have one. But any undescended testicle does need removing as it can turn cancerous in the future :(

mable1718
25-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Im sorry but I can not really help there but i do hope that frans advice has helped

random
28-08-2007, 03:36 PM
It's came and made an apperence today, :roll: all that worry for nothing! Booked him in for Monday before it dissapears again! :shock:

borderdawn
28-08-2007, 03:57 PM
That makes things easier, and cheaper!
Dawn.

Jac
28-08-2007, 04:57 PM
So glad it's decended now. As Fran said it can cause cancer in later years if not caught and a longer op. Good news.

dinahsmum
28-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Whoop de doo!
A couple more pom-poms won't hurt! :)
:pom

Sweet
28-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Good News then :) x