PDA

View Full Version : 2 Loving Cats need new Home Please Help

Drakeangel
25-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi I have to really loving cats who I am allergic to and they affect my asthma, sadly I have come to the conclusion that I have to let them go.

Missi - 2yrs - Brown/Ginger/White is very affectionate and loves her nightly cuddles and treats.

Sascha - 1yr - Black/White quite independant but also on the sly love her cuddles when no one is looking.

They have grown up together so would like them to stay that way but if I have to split them I will. Please will someone give them a new home. They will need to be picked up as I don't drive and I live in Bradford.

Thanks

dinahsmum
25-08-2007, 02:35 PM
That is very sad.
Have you tried both the anti-allergy products like these? http://www.petcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Human_Allergy_Relief_136.html
and an ionizer like this? http://www.myairzone.com/health_pet_allergy_dog_allergy_cat_allergy.shtml

You never know - they might just do the trick, along with your normal medication.
There are several members here who are able to cope with their bodies' reaction to their pets ... maybe they will come to tell you of their experience.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Drakeangel
25-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I have tried various remedies, but so far had no luck and I feel however much I don't want to but it would be better for them.

yola
25-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm so sorry, it must be heartbreaking to have to make a decision like that.

Have you tried your local Cats Protection branch? If you stipulate the cats need to be rehomed together they will usually oblige.

I hope you find a lovely home for them both.

Good luck.

mable1718
26-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Im sorry but I can not help so I hope all well for you

Donna
26-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I hope you can find a home for them so they can stay together. I am allergic to my cats and both my children have asthma but we have managed to control all our problems to enable us to keep our kitties.

I use an air purifier for the main rooms of the house and dont let the cats in my sons room ever so it is completely cat free. I also take antihistamine most days.

Good luck with the outcome.

kelly-joy
16-09-2007, 11:04 AM
good luck. hope you can find them great homes soon

Drakeangel
16-09-2007, 11:09 AM
One of them (lil sascha) went my fiances sister as she has mice, and she is having the time of her life. Missi was my first and we have decided to keep her. :lol: she is my lil cutie, don't care whether am allergic or not

Mags
16-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm so pleased you have decided to keep Missi...:D ....hopefully you'll be able to manage your allergy too.