PDA

View Full Version : I'm frightened

Elaine
25-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Of my Furminator!!!
It arrived this morning and looks a bit scarey and heavy.
I am a bit wary to use it to be honest as it looks like it might "rip" the hair out rather than comb it out.:roll:

Elaine
25-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok, have tried it out just a little, even managed to get a little of Bernie's head done before he managed to escape my clutches:lol:

Erin
25-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Dont be scared of it Elaine,it doesnt rip the fur out at all,I promise,Lil wouldnt let me use it on her if it did,infact she lets me brush her for ages with it and Jerry just loves the thing!

dandysmom
25-08-2007, 04:29 PM
It does look big and heavy compared to a comb, but it really does not rip out the fur, honestly! Leia loves being groomed with it as much as she did with the regular comb!

random
25-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Oh don't scare me i'm still waiting for mine! :lol:

I think I will try it on the dogs first then, they let you do anything to them. You could saw Maddy's ears off with a spoon and she'd just be happy for the attention! :roll:

The cats, not so much! :lol:

Fran
25-08-2007, 06:20 PM
It does rather look like something more suited to grooming a horse doesn't it? :roll: but seriously it doesn't rip the fur out. Clooney loved his grooming session with it and came back for more, purring his head off :D

Jac
25-08-2007, 07:24 PM
OOOhhh we have converts then!!:-D

Ready for the next biggest balls?

mable1718
25-08-2007, 07:33 PM
dont be scared elaine

dandysmom
25-08-2007, 07:45 PM
It does rather look like something more suited to grooming a horse doesn't it? :roll: but seriously it doesn't rip the fur out. Clooney loved his grooming session with it and came back for more, purring his head off :DDid you get loads of fur from Clooney?

yola
25-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I thought it ripped the fur out (infact I was very worried about that). However, Fifi is sleeker than ever she's been, and her fur seems in excellent condition. Not had time to do her today, however after 2 furminating sessions I have a rather large plastic bag full of her fur :shock: .

She loves it; Balie not so - he's a creature of habit and prefers the comb (as I found to my peril . . . scratches all round :roll: ).

random
25-08-2007, 10:48 PM
She loves it; Balie not so - he's a creature of habit and prefers the comb (as I found to my peril . . . scratches all round :roll: ).

That will be Tabs, she will take one look at it and have my eye on the end of her claw I know it! :shock: Shame as she's my best bet for the next furball competiton! :smt043

Do I chance it?

Fran
25-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Did you get loads of fur from Clooney?

Surprisingly, not as much as I imagined!! but there is quite a lot. if I get a minute tomorrow, I'll photograph what I got and post it :-D

Elaine
25-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanx, I did do a little on each cat, they wouldnt let me groom them for long which is unlike Eva but surprisingly Bernie usually runs at the sight of a brush and I managed to get a little of him done, not much but it was a start.:D

dbm_southwest
26-08-2007, 12:14 AM
After the first few weeks of using the FURminator new users should notice an improvement in their cats coats.

Also if your cat didnt like it I am sure they would let you know :-)

dandysmom
26-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Surprisingly:-D, not as much as I imagined!! but there is quite a lot. if I get a minute tomorrow, I'll photograph what I got and post it

Great, I'd love to see it! I really think Leia's coat looks better than it ever has; right now I'm not doing it every day; waiting till there's a buildup of dead fur and then giving her a good FURminating....

dandysmom
26-08-2007, 02:02 AM
I thought it ripped the fur out (infact I was very worried about that). However, Fifi is sleeker than ever she's been, and her fur seems in excellent condition. Not had time to do her today, however after 2 furminating sessions I have:shock: a rather large plastic bag full of her fur .

Pic, Yola? I think you're a contender to look out for in the next contest... :-D

Erin
26-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Jerry's coat looks fantastic since we have been using our furminator :D

Yes Fran,Yola post piccies ;)

Donna
26-08-2007, 09:05 AM
I will get one soon!!!

babycakes
26-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Have you also notice a difference in the amount of fur left on couches etc? are they shedding less?

dandysmom
26-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I haven't BC, but I've always combed Leia every evening...a bonding time, she loves it!...so there was never much of a fur-on-the-furniture problem here. I think her coat looks great now!

Elaine
26-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I agree Eileen that Leias' coat looks wonderful since the furminator. Not that it ever looked bad but there is a definate difference.
Its Bernie I am keen to do this with as he is so scruffy and unkempt looking. He does on occasion pull out his own fur but he is such a wriggly devil to try to groom.
Eva at the moment just wants to be out doors all day but I'll catch her this evening for some furminating fun:D

charliebubs
26-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm glad that the new FURminator users are pleased with the results :)

It does look quite big and cumbersome, but I'm really pleased with mine. :)

dbm_southwest
27-08-2007, 01:43 AM
I have told my two sons Sam (15.5 yrs) and David J (14) that if they dont get their hair cut Im going to use the FURminator of them :P

dandysmom
27-08-2007, 01:52 AM
LOL @ dbm !!!