PDA

View Full Version : wow, i'm lucky...

Tink
24-08-2007, 11:07 PM
my three month old (kuan yin) was missing today. i didn't think much of it because she's good at hiding in the house (an indoor kitty). i had a weird feeling and opened the front door and called her name..nothing. so i shrugged and figured she found a new hiding spot again since i keep all the windows and doors closed for this reason. i searched the house again and decided i better try the front door again before panicking. i opened the door and guess who was sitting there looking up at me? she looked up at me like "WHAT?" and casually strolled in the house! i pet her and loved her for coming back on her own. SHE HAS NEVER BEEN OUTSIDE BEFORE. i sometimes carry her with me when i walk down the street to our mailbox so in case something happened she'd have an idea where she lives. guess it worked! she's had all her vaccines but i still would be so scared if someone mated her before her spay coming up september 17th. the only thing i can think of is my bf left for work at 2pm...she came to the front door at 2:45pm. my mind boggles to think what she was doing out there for 45 minutes. i am so super lucky nothing bad happened!!! *sighs in relief* the funny part is how casual she was about the whole thing!!! little brat!!!
my bf says we'll start working on an outdoor enclosure for her since she is so curious about the outdoors.

Moli
24-08-2007, 11:10 PM
What a clever girl coming back all by herself, she knows the way now....:D

Mags
24-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh..what a relief Tink, she was a very good girl to find her way home! It's a good thing you thought to check outside!;)

Fran
24-08-2007, 11:14 PM
So glad she is home safe and sound! :cool:

dandysmom
24-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Thank goodness she came back on her own!! Mine have always been indoors only, and I almost had a heart attack when my Aby managed to slip out once...have you thought about harness training? It's easy if you start them young......

Tink
25-08-2007, 12:01 AM
yes, i have been considering...still trying to decide if it'd be worth the effort...do you have experience with it? i've never harness trained a kitty..

dandysmom
25-08-2007, 02:22 AM
Yes, lots and lots of experience...all of mine (five over the years) but Leia have been harness trained; and I'm thinking of trying her, although she's normally scared of outdoors for some odd reason. I've sort of adopted a little black stray who stays outdoors and Leia seems to want to slip out the door now while Onyx is there..if you're interested, PM me and I'll go into as much detail as I can to be helpful. I think there was a thread about this a while back, maybe someone who remembers it might be kind enough to post a link......

dandysmom
25-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Meanwhile, here's a good link on harness training......
http://www.peoriahs.org/catleash.html

mable1718
25-08-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm glad she is home safe what a clever little kitty

whiskey
25-08-2007, 02:34 PM
little monkey i glad you found her safe and sound:)

Kay
26-08-2007, 09:44 PM
How clever she is. I bet you are so relieved. I think your OH has suggestion is a great idea and I am sure she would appreciate a safe outdoors.