PDA

View Full Version : Cornish Rexs

sillylilykitty
23-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Anyone know anything about Cornish Rexes? I have had the pleasure of petting one at a cat show, they are as soft as velvet! It was amazing!:o Im really looking for a really affectionate cat breed that is active (Like my Siameses). Anyone ever met one of these beauties?:)

Fran
23-08-2007, 07:23 AM
I have a friend that has Cornish rex's, they are bold,active cats, similar in temperament to Siamese and not generally as vocal. Their fur is quite amazing isn't it? Very velvety to the touch, with a lovely wavey appearance to it. They come in all sorts of colours including solids, torties, tabbies and even colourpoint colours too I think....

Do let us know how you get on if you decide to have one :D

Here's an article that gives some insight into the personality of the Cornish Rex cat...

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/cornish.html

Sweet
23-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Sorry I cannot help x

dinahsmum
23-08-2007, 08:38 AM
My sister has to have Rex's, as her OH is cat-allergic. (They are a bit like poodles are in the dog world and tend not to cause allergic reaction like other breeds - did you know that?)
I like them a lot, they are a nice balanced breed, in my experience.

Fran
23-08-2007, 08:52 AM
My sister has to have Rex's, as her OH is cat-allergic. (They are a bit like poodles are in the dog world and tend not to cause allergic reaction like other breeds - did you know that?)

Interestingly, in that article I posted above, it indicates that this isn't strictly the case :?

dinahsmum
23-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Mmmm - surely it's not all in the mind, is it?

Fran
23-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I do know of a breeder that had two Devon kittens returned to her (these are supposed to be low allergy too as they have similar coats to Cornish) because she was badly allergic to them :?

sillylilykitty
23-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Thank you for the information and link. There is this one Cornish that I see at the shows here in Colorado, his name is Spirit and he is one of the sweetest cats at the show. All he wants to do is love on the judge and play with the toys :D Such a sweetie! I have attached a picture of him. At this next cat show I plan on talking to his owner about this breed since they are breeders.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/silly_lily_kitty/Cat%20Shows/april28-29show021.jpg

sillylilykitty
23-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I love the Siamese but I would love to have a cat that is more affectionate.

Kay
24-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I had the pleasure of handling a Cornish Rex kitten when I stewarded at a show recently. He was absolutely gorgeous and really, really loving. I could have easily taken him home.