PDA

View Full Version : Dogs don't you love 'em.

Kazz
19-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Well went out today regardless of the weather as it was fine this morning we went to the Clent hills, and the dogs had a great time. Stopped for a break (not canines humans) had drinks and sarnie's (shared by the girls as always) but the girls were still dashing apart from popping back to eat a bit of ham sarnie. About 200ft from us was a chap and his wife and as I packed up to move on the chap said
"Have they got an off switch, I've never seen such lively yet well behaved dogs"
I smiled as I replied "Yes they have it's called the sofa, show them a sofa and they flak out, but out and about they are like this."

"Well he said I have to say rather you than me but they are lovely"

About 3 miles later we saw the couple again, the girls ahead of us, and the chap bent to stroke them but didn't. I just thought he was a bit strange or unsure smiled as we passed and nodded I said to Dave "Did he look at me funny" but to be honest I took no notice.

We went about another couple of miles and I realised we had walked into a horrible smell area, the more we walked the more it got worse, till I realised it was the bl**dy dogs they had rolled in some sort of "mess" an undescribable smell so we had to detour to find a river/water source and throw them in then it dawned on me why the chap had not stroked them they blinking well stank.

Dogs eh. Out to show me up....or just keep my feet on the ground. Don't you just love 'em. http://www.dogsey.com/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

Elaine
19-08-2007, 07:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The youngest bordeaux that I sometimes walk and look after does the same thing. She just cannt resist a big cow pat:lol:

Moli
19-08-2007, 07:40 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 I can sympathise with you Kazz, my Gypsy did the same thing last week, and |I had to take her home in the car....:roll:

Kazz
19-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Yes I had to bring them back in the car, two still smelly but now wet dogs. Oh well you gotta love 'em

Erin
19-08-2007, 07:47 PM
:lol: :lol: Lils the same Kazz,shes always rolling in cow poooe even better there is a swampy area down the one field we go,full of all sorts,its absolutely stinks her faverourite things in the world to do it to lie in the middle of it :roll:

Moli
19-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Wonder if its a terrier thing?? My Mollie would never roll in yuk!

Erin
19-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I think it must be Moli,my brother has patterdaledogs too and they are all the same :roll: I have a video on my pnone ill try and get it put on here

babycakes
19-08-2007, 08:09 PM
God I read that wrong then!!! :lol:
I thought the guy was bending down cos he was having a poo and then your dogs rolled in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops: I really ought not to rush when I read:roll:

dinahsmum
20-08-2007, 09:11 AM
God I read that wrong then!!! :lol:
I thought the guy was bending down cos he was having a poo and then your dogs rolled in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops: I really ought not to rush when I read:roll:

:-D :-D :-D

I feel very pleased (smug?) that my little angel doesn't seem interested in rolling. So saying she'll probably find a lump of fox poo today, just to show me up :)

Fran
20-08-2007, 09:19 AM
:lol: It must be a terrier thing, my labs never do this. Swim in mucky horrible water but never roll in cow pat thank goodness :-D

dinahsmum
20-08-2007, 09:21 AM
:lol: It must be a terrier thing, my labs never do this. Swim in mucky horrible water but never roll in cow pat thank goodness :-D
No it must be your well brought up girls Fran. Dinah's friend across the road, Huntley, is a gorgeous black lab and he is forever being hosed down in the yard for being a stinky boy!

borderdawn
20-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Breeze rolls in stuff Kazz, usually rotting corpses! Havent seen a pic of the girls lately Kazz ;)
Dawn.

Kazz
20-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Camera up swanny Dawn. I know I dropped it the day I had Cleo PTS didn't think I'd done any damage but seems I may have.