PDA

View Full Version : Cat Attacking Feet

I Love Simba
18-08-2007, 11:01 PM
My cat Simba atacks peoples feet while they are sleeping, watching TV, in bed or when they are content and moving their feet. Simba is 17 Weeks Old. Is there anything I can do to stop this behaviour? Is it Normal? If so, how long before he outgrows this behaviour? Is there anything I can do that might help him quit this behaviour sooner?

babycakes
18-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Welcome to my world!!

My cat is the same, always has been, thought he'd grow out of it but he's 3!! :?

Although he doesn't do it as often only when he wants something and thinks you are not listening for example when i'm in bed and he wants to go out, when he is tired and won't go to sleep. :roll: And only my feet now

Fran
18-08-2007, 11:33 PM
All my cats have done this as kittens but have grown out of it as they have matured. Hope this is the case for you!

Donna
19-08-2007, 08:45 AM
My cats have never bothered with anyone's feet unless you are in bed and maybe they can see your feet under the duvet at the end!!!!

Been woken up many a night by cat claws on my feet!!!

My cats are three.

Elaine
19-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I think many cats do this at some time or other, the thing is not to encourage it. I mean if you or any one else engages this into a game of play the cat will go for it and will not understand when you get annoyed with this game. So best not to entertain it at all from the offset regardless of how cute it may be at first.

Darky
19-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Honey has done this from two months old to five months old.

He now chases peoples ankles if they try to walk away from them.

Kitten just like attacking what is at their level, which is often feet. I suggest either adapting to it, hiding your feet or carrying a cat toy around in your pocket like I do - that way you can distract them every time.

Of course, no-one in my family gets annoyed by it. Especially as if we make a loud, 'ow' noise or somesuch - he just stops.

dinahsmum
19-08-2007, 11:02 AM
I agree that's it's just something kittens do. And I know it can hurt! Good tip from Darky - the distracting cat toy.