PDA

View Full Version : Bottled water just for cats......

charliebubs
16-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Has anyone seen this??? :roll:

I, for one, think it's madness and a con.............but what do you think?? Would you buy special bottled water just for your cats??

Do you give your cats bottled water now, or regular tap water??

:? :?

http://www.specialwaters.co.uk/

Donna
16-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Tap water!!!

My cats do prefer to drink from puddles and such from the garden if its been raining too ;)

dandysmom
16-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Tap water! But my friend Carolyn always buys bottled for Kate.......

Erin
16-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Mine have tap water but after its been filtered,thats down to Ed,he says if water that hasnt been filtered isnt good enough for us then its not good enough for our babies :roll: :lol:

Jane
16-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Seems pretty crazy to me!

Patch and Meow both have tap water, the day it kills us they can start having bottled water but until then I see no problem with tap water ;) Meow hardly ever drinks the water we put down for her anyway and Patch doesn't that much either, they say rain water is tastier :roll:

dinahsmum
16-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Our drinking water in the house goes through a filter, because we live on chalk and have to have a water softener (lots of salt!). Then the cats have it in their fountain.
I wouldn't buy 'cats' water' but I might use human bottled if I thought they weren't drinking enough because they refused tap water.

MrsH
16-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh please.......NO! Whatever next? And the price...?

It's true that chlorine in tap water can put cats off but realistically would anyone really buy bottled water? Most of the water that I put out gets thrown out when the bowl gets cleaned and refilled. Just imagine gritting your teeth as you refresh kitty's bowl, telling yourself " I paid good money for that water!"

My cats drink tapwater ( topped up sometimes with refreshing rainwater that they find in pots in the garden) and they haven't complained yet!

Elaine
16-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Hmm, it may well be a con but I used to buy bottled water for Winston as well as the cat it fountain. Cannt say I noticed a tremendous change in his health given that he had CRF and was already on other supplements but I felt that I should try to help reduce further damage to his kidneys by doing this.
I am a big sucker for all these things though and probably would go out and buy it to see if it did actually make any difference to them and their health.:-D

charliebubs
I'm not alone in this then!!!! lol

Mine have tap water the same as I do!!!! ;)

charliebubs
Hmm, it may well be a con but I used to buy bottled water for Winston as well as the cat it fountain. Cannt say I noticed a tremendous change in his health given that he had CRF and was already on other supplements but I felt that I should try to help reduce further damage to his kidneys by doing this.
I am a big sucker for all these things though and probably would go out and buy it to see if it did actually make any difference to them and their health.:-D

If I had a poorly cat I would def try it - I'm a sucker too - but I wouldn't buy it just for day to day use.

Fran
16-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Mine have tap water too, the only time have have given bottled water is if I have forgotten to take water with us to a show :oops:

Jac
16-08-2007, 07:14 PM
My poor babies just get tap water:? . It does go through the filter in the fountain though.

What a rip off!! Mind you some will buy it. Did you notice there was no price.

dandysmom
16-08-2007, 08:10 PM
We had an unsafe water scare about a year ago and the City handed out free pitchers with a filter; we all drank the filtered tap water. But the problem was soon corrected and it's back to regular tap water again; thank goodness, that was a real nuisance!

kado
16-08-2007, 08:18 PM
All mine now for the past couple of months drinks filtered water thats been chilled of course they love it. Since drinking it Guinness seems a lot more active. They have there own brita filter only the best for the cats

jane

babycakes
16-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Mine has tap, I think it is a con, but I am considering a fountain at the mo ( so I suppose that will be filtered etc) Denis likes to drink from the bath, kitchen sink and anywhere other than his water bowl!!!!

rustyducko
17-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Bottled for me I'm afraid, I have had 2 cats with kidney problems in the past, so I do what I can to encourage drinking, its still cheaper than medication.

Sue

Lynda
28-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Mine drink filtered water,they definitely prefer it to tap.

Mags
28-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Mine has tap water but the favourite is from puddles....

Sweet
28-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Tap for all of us here, they love puddles too x

mable1718
28-08-2007, 02:58 PM
as sweet said they get tap water

tilly
28-08-2007, 06:46 PM
mine get tap water but I have just got a water fountain for buster and I am getting one for tilly soon as well. I got one first incase they didn't like but it has gone down very well.
Sally

Samz5
29-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Our cats have tap water filtered through the water fountain - thats posh enough for them!

I Love Simba
29-08-2007, 06:36 PM

If I had a poorly cat I would def try it - I'm a sucker too - but I wouldn't buy it just for day to day use.

I agree with you two. If would make a difference in Simba's health would. I believe it is just con to get you to buy special water for cats. My Simba drinks tap water and he likes it. If he wouldn't drink it I also might give bottled water but I would buy just plain bottled water. I would not pay a high price for cat water.

Emm
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I have given both my dogs and cats bottled water before but normally they get tap water. I wouldn't buy that water though just another marketing ploy to get money out of animal lovers LOL