PDA

View Full Version : 2 Female Adult Cats Needing A New Home!

Kiz
15-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi All,
Have just recieved a text message from my step dad. Basically his sister, her husband and their child lost their house a couple of weeks ago; they also have two cats. He took them in, along with the cats. His sister has now found a new place to move into but for some reason, unbeknown to me they cannot take the cats with them.
They are: 1 black & white aged 8 years old (supposedly half burmese and half persian) with a very placid temperament.
And tabby aged 4 years, bit on the chunky side, very placid temperament.
They have both been speyed, however I have still to find out if they have had their vaccs.
Can anyone please help me? I've currently myself got 6 moggies and I could possibly take these two in for a few weeks but not permanently.
They are based in Erdington, but I could get them over to me which is in the Northfield/Longbridge area.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

yola
15-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Oh Kiz. I hope these two manage to find a new home soon. If you have no luck rehoming them yourself, try your local Cats Protection. I'd warn against RSPCA as they have been know to euthanise healthy cats that they've not been able to rehome :(

Lots of luck. Please do let us know how you get on.

Fran
15-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Good luck to these two kitties, I agree with Yola's advice and I so hope there is a happy outcome for them. Please let us know how they are...

dandysmom
15-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Good advice from Yola and Fran';please do let us know if they find a loving home..so sad.....

Kiz
16-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Morning all, I have a feeling it's going to be one of those situations where these two will be put into a rescue....tis so sad! That is if in the end there will be space in a rescue for them!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Kiz
19-08-2007, 04:32 PM
These two have now been rehomed.:)

Jac
19-08-2007, 04:36 PM
that's good. Please tell us more.

Kiz
19-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Well I had found a home for the one (Tigger), and the lady was going to view her tonight and see if the Tigger liked her.
I then got a text message this morning saying that a home had been found for them to go together (even though they hate each other! lol).
I was quite annoyed that I had been messed around and felt bad for this lady who was going to view Tigger tonight, but at least the cats have a new home now.

dinahsmum
19-08-2007, 04:45 PM
That's good news that the have a new home

Fran
19-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Glad they have a new home. I'd have re homed them separately if they really don't get on though :?

Kiz
19-08-2007, 05:05 PM
That's what I was hoping to do, but I guess as they weren't my cats then I couldn't dictate what was going to happen to them. I'm glad they've got a new home though.