PDA

View Full Version : What should i do

kado
14-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi all. I spoke to somebody in my pub tonight who told me about the cat he was about to shoot it police said he could and i think RSPCA said he could untill he saw a paw come from underneath the fence a baby calling for his mother. We said we would take one i think a couple has died what reason i dont know could have died of cold. He is going to try and trap the kittens i think they could be around about 4-5weeks old. His wife has being feeding them. Do you know wha i could expect.

jane

Acebikerchick
14-08-2007, 11:52 PM
He was told he could shoot the cat?? And the RSPCA said he could?? Thats awful. Those poor babies. Is the Mum dead then? Oh god...If they are 4-5 weeks old they will still be wanting Mums milk but you may just get away with it if there 5 weeks old. Some people let kittens leave Mum at 6 weeks, though 5 weeks is very early. Can cats protection not do anything?
This has alarmed me..

Jac
15-08-2007, 03:20 AM
Why one earth would he want to shoot a cat any way? Shoot him!!!! Let us know if and when you get your new baby.

Fran
15-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Why on earth would he want to shoot a cat?? :mad:

Do let us know what happens here Kado....

Acebikerchick
15-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Its blatant cruelty and he should be punished, i cant believe the RSPCA has agreed to this

kado
15-08-2007, 09:28 AM
The police said it was ok to do it. He has wild rabbits living in his garden and the cat is supposed to haved killed them off. This villiage is a cat one and quiet a lot of people would be angry if they new about it. If i wasnt going away on friday i would have taken it now. I am frightened he is going to do something before Cats protection can help.

jane

sarah5
15-08-2007, 09:30 AM
oh my goodness this is horrible I can't believe they were thinking about shooting the cat :evil: Why on earth would they do that???????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :( :evil:

mable1718
15-08-2007, 09:44 AM
oh my goodness thats horrible and mean why would anyone do that

babycakes
15-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't understand why he would need to shoot the cat though??? there are some wierd folk around arn't there?

Keep us informed X

Acebikerchick
15-08-2007, 12:10 PM
The police said it was ok to do it. He has wild rabbits living in his garden and the cat is supposed to haved killed them off. This villiage is a cat one and quiet a lot of people would be angry if they new about it. If i wasnt going away on friday i would have taken it now. I am frightened he is going to do something before Cats protection can help.

jane

Jane

If your village is a cat loving village then a quiet word in a few neighbours ears may be a good thing. try and stop this from happening this way. Especially if your going away.

I fear for those kittens..

yola
15-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I would verify his story with the police yourself. I'm certain that no police officer or representative would advocate such action . . . I suspect he's fibbing. Anyone who can suggest shooting an animal in cold blood is completely suspect in my book and anything they say shouldn't be trusted.

A word with your local police officer/station and also with the RSPCA will probably reveal that neither suggested this action. It will also probably annoy them that this guy's been saying these things and might actually prompt some action from both bodies.

charliebubs
15-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I would verify his story with the police yourself. I'm certain that no police officer or representative would advocate such action . . . I suspect he's fibbing. Anyone who can suggest shooting an animal in cold blood is completely suspect in my book and anything they say shouldn't be trusted.

A word with your local police officer/station and also with the RSPCA will probably reveal that neither suggested this action. It will also probably annoy them that this guy's been saying these things and might actually prompt some action from both bodies.

I agree, Yola. I can't imagine that anyone in authority (or otherwise) would condone shooting a domestic animal - especially when there are so many other options.

Jane, I think you should speak to some neighbours and see if you can all form a plan of action and stop this man.

When will the kittens be caught??

Rosie
15-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I would be tempted to report the local RSPCA to their headquarters. I thought they were there to protect animals? If as you say the village loves cats can't someone help this poor mother and her kittens? I am absolutely apalled. Anyway what is the problem with wild rabbits, they are hardly an endanagered species!

Donna
15-08-2007, 04:45 PM

Completely agree Yola.

Police do not allow people to run round the streets with guns shooting animals.. the man is lying.

Hope you manage to safe these poor kitties.

kado
15-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Im going to try and pick the kitten or kittens up on Monday orTuesday. Unfortunately i am going away with my children from Friday and not getting back till Monday and i cant let them be in a strange place with my cats as i dont know how they will react to each other and if they are young they will need feeding more frequentley. If there is more than one which i dont think there is i will find it a responsable home myself. I will also take it too the vets as soon as possible to make sure its ok. If i find out anything in the meantime i will let you know

thanks for all you advice and i will take notice off it.

jane

Fran
15-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Have a lovely weekend away Jane and do keep us updated please..

kado
15-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Thankyou Fran. I am going camping with 2 of my children My OH and a group from my childrens school plus my ex-husband. We said we would take them as we have a seven seater and we might as well stay as it will cost just as much to make the journey twice. Oh we are going to where they make heartbeat.

jane

babycakes
15-08-2007, 10:33 PM
It sounds lovely don't let your weekend be spoilt by worrying over the cats/kittens they will be fine I'm sure or someone else can take responsibility while you are gone, that is if everyone is so cat friendly as they say they are

Fran
15-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Thankyou Fran. I am going camping with 2 of my children My OH and a group from my childrens school plus my ex-husband. We said we would take them as we have a seven seater and we might as well stay as it will cost just as much to make the journey twice. Oh we are going to where they make heartbeat.

jane

I have been to Goathland, it's lovely, very picturesque. Have a lovely weekend and try to forget about the kittens until you come back as hard as it will be x

kado
15-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks all. Im have pc trouble as well so if i dont reply straight away i will when i can

jane

Kay
17-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Hope you have a lovely time and that everything goes well for the kittens when you get back.

What puzzles me is why his wife fed the cat knowing he was so anti-cats. Beyond me. If she hadn't fed her then she may well have found somewhere that would have cared.