PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear now I want another

sarah5
14-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Since getting Scrabble (only 3 weeks ago lol) I keep thinking about getting one of his sisters, they are beautiful tabbies and I keep imaging them (they were an unwanted litter - RSPCA rescues) in that horrid dark musty garage that the fosterer had them in :cat25

I think my husband would go mad if I got another though and I would be worried about poor Thomas, I think it would be a bit much for him to take on another cat so quickly!

But don't you just feel awful for all these poor kitties with no homes, I wish I could take them all in :(

Fran
14-08-2007, 08:32 PM
It's very sad isn't it? and so very hard to walk away with just one when there are so many others needing a home too. But you cannot cure the the whole unwanted cat scenario on your own. it's lovely that you have helped by adopting one baby. If you and your hubby felt you could take on another and you felt that Thomas and Scrabble would be accepting too then it would be lovely to home another one. But everyone in the family has to agree or it just leads to a lot more trouble and heartache in the long run. Good luck with your decision on this x

Kazz
14-08-2007, 08:39 PM
I totaly feel for your if/whn I get another kitten or two I cannot go and see 3 in a litter if I want 2. Or 2 in a litter if I wanted 1, because I could not leave one behind. If the "other"already had a home to go to then I would be fine.

I think sometimes you have to let your head rule your heart. Rather than the other way round, you homed a kitten therefore others will too and you do not know maybe the others have been rehomed already.

dandysmom
14-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Very good advice there! I never go to the booth at the cat shows where they have cats/kittens up for adoption as it breaks my heart not to bring one home... :(

Donna
14-08-2007, 08:55 PM
You have to be strong on this, and think of the two cats you already have as well as your human family.

There is no point rescuing a third cat, if it makes your two original cats unhappy as you havent helped at all then!!

Good luck with your decision.

dinahsmum
15-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Take care - cats are very addictive but you have to listen to your sensible head sometimes.
I'm sure you'll make the right choice

sarah5
15-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice, I know it wouldn't be the right thing to do at the moment, I think my two are settling so well, I really don't want to rock the boat. I also have two small children so am quite busy with them and the current cats.

When my children are a bit older, perhaps when they are both at school full time, I will probably do some fostering or something so I feel as though I am doing something to help all these wonderful unwanted cats.

Thanks again for all your messages everyone xx

mable1718
15-08-2007, 09:39 AM
aww im glad you done thew right thing for you

Fran
15-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Well done on making the right decision for you at this time. You sound like you have your head screwed on well ;)