PDA

View Full Version : Come on get excited for me; choose a name

Kazz
13-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Well come on then people choose a name or two or 10 for me.:-D

One possibly two kittens - colours sexes unknown. :roll: I know; I know.

But I am getting excited now. :-D :-D :smt047 :smt049 :smt058 :pom

I do not like names that go together like Salt/Pepper Fish/Chips. So steer clear of those and we will be away. Ta all much appreciated its been 25 years since I choose names and I know its something you can't really do till you meet the kitten involved as they may have an opinion I mean Oscar hated the irst name I gave him Flint. But loved Oscar.:roll:

So Boy names; Girls names; Unisex names. Have fun.:smt040

Donna
13-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Poppy
Millie
Mollie

and

My son wants a boy cat called Derek!!

dandysmom
13-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm not good at naming, but like Emily and Oliver.......

Elaine
13-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Ace
Ajax
Alf
Alyssa
Aria

Kazz
13-08-2007, 08:46 PM
;) Okay kinda stop thinking of girls names, or stick to flowers, I have decided, if I get a girl she will be called after a flower/plant. Thought of so far in no order of preference.:-D
Poppy. Lily. Daisy. Violet. - see the flower theme there, can't be Rose and my niece is called Sophie Rose.;)

Although Eileen's suggestion of Emily - could suit a certain type of kitten. ;)

What do you think?

Moli
13-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I like Lily its really nice for a girl kitten....

Kazz
13-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Just thinking of the garden when the idea hit me flowers, nice soft names like Cleo's not meaning anything other than softness.

Mind you I never expect anything from my cats other than to be happy so they can't go wrong.

Moli
13-08-2007, 08:54 PM
What theme would you have for a boy Kazz??

kado
13-08-2007, 09:00 PM
A know a cat called woof
tom
buffy
prinny
spinx
mini legs
chicky legs

babycakes
13-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Petunia, violet, petal, hyacinth, holly,

Jack, billy, bob, Fred

Kazz
13-08-2007, 09:14 PM
What theme would you have for a boy Kazz??

Not sure Pat, I like, solidish sort of names; not harsh or abrupt.

Hence I like I think. So far,
Solomon - Not sure though.
Hobson; Hudson (think he'd be a black and white like a butler) Watson; Oliver; Winston (could he live up to his name sake? I would hope so); Kipling; Chivers (if ginger) Archie. (cheeky happy cat)

I've had an Archie but I really like that name so may use it again he was a lovely cat and died form a RTA before he was 1.

Kazz
13-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Petunia, violet, petal, hyacinth, holly,

Jack, billy, bob, Fred

Petal and Holly are nice Ta adding them to the list.:-D

babycakes
13-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Donna I'm glad your son doesn't want a girl cat to call Derek :lol:

Alfie, Arnie, Buster

Moli
13-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Love Hudson and Chivers...I think its easier once you get your kittens, to see what suits...
Casper was Nero when I got him, and Oliver ,Sparky...did not like either...

whiskey
13-08-2007, 09:19 PM
there`s some brilliant ideas there. off to put my thinking cap :-D

Kazz
13-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Love Hudson and Chivers...I think its easier once you get your kittens, to see what suits...
Casper was Nero when I got him, and Oliver ,Sparky...did not like either...

I know Pat, but I cannot wait that long. :-D With my luck I will come up with names I have never thought of before.:-D

MrsH
13-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Snowdrop
Jasmine
Tansy
Mimosa
Marigold
Myrtle

Nelson
Captain
Hardy
Monty
Leonard
Marshall

Fran
13-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Oh I love Marigold :cool:

Emm
14-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Tealc for a boy - big stargate fan LOL

Moli
14-08-2007, 09:05 AM
I really like Myrtle....Its different....

dinahsmum
14-08-2007, 11:27 AM
OK (I like a challenge!)

Girl
Jasmine - contracts to Jazz or Jazzy if you want)
but, to cover every flower there ever was, Flora. Really like that, and it can be Flo when she's older, or Florrie

Boy
Well, I like William; Watson, as you've already indicated you like. I've somehow found Isaac, which has taken my fancy, and shortens nicely to Zak or even Ize.

Anything grabbing your fancy?

Kazz
14-08-2007, 11:58 AM
DM I luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Flora. Thats going on my list. How did I miss that one.

I think Isacc will grow on me, I like Zac.

Just thinking about dinner and as I was the names Sage, Parsley Herbie and Dill popped into my head.????

Karen

dinahsmum
14-08-2007, 12:06 PM
The herbies are nice! Basil and Rosemary! But that brings you back to the matched pair that you don't like.
I luuuuuuuuv Flora too. It came to me overnight (I get most of my best ideas in bed!) and I couldn't wait to get back from getting my hair done, in case someone came up with it before me! :lol:

Kazz
14-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Well the idea of Flors - Flo brought me to Ebb and Flo but again a matched pair.

yola
14-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Well the idea of Flors - Flo brought me to Ebb and Flo but again a matched pair.

Ebaneezer and Flora :D :D :D

dinahsmum
14-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Or Abe - that's a nice old fashioned name - no idea what it's short for?

.... Edit - of course, it must be Abraham, mustn't it? That's rather grand!

dandysmom
14-08-2007, 04:04 PM
The presidential allusion made me think of my grandma's airedale who was called Woodrow; he could be Woody...... I am not very good at names .....

Kazz
14-08-2007, 06:00 PM
The presidential allusion made me think of my grandma's airedale who was called Woodrow; he could be Woody...... I am not very good at names .....

Eileen stop saying that, you are good at names you get mine right every time.

dandysmom
14-08-2007, 08:42 PM
lol @ Kazz!!

dinahsmum
15-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Any clue-ettes from yourself or Smudgley as to what you might have? Boys/girls/one of each/colours???????
Or will you just be given what's in Smudgley's oddments box when you come back from holiday? ;)
(or are you enjoying keeping us in suspense?)

dandysmom
15-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Any clue-ettes from yourself or Smudgley as to what you might have? Boys/girls/one of each/colours???????
Or will you just be given what's in Smudgley's oddments box when you come back from holiday? ;)
(or are you enjoying keeping us in suspense?)

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, DM! :-D

Kazz
15-08-2007, 09:21 PM
No I have no idea seriously it will depend purely on what Smudgley has when I/she is ready. Kitten or kittens not sure 1 or 2.
My choice would be one of each as it worked so well for me for so long.
But colour not at all fussed I couldn't really care less, as I have no colour I dislike .
However I would not have ones with similar markings as my two have, but I can't see that happening.

So no preference see how easy I am to please. :) Because I am sure whatever I choose before hand I would go and fall for something different. :) You can choose your friends but you are choosen by your cats.

And no I am not keeping you in suspense, Smudgley and I are as much in the dark as all of you.

We have to wait and see. Exciting isn't it?

Mags
19-10-2007, 06:59 PM
I somehow missed this thread Kazz (holidays! :roll:) .........

My flowery suggestion is..... Fleur :D

random
19-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh I missed this too! No idea on names but congratulations!