PDA

View Full Version : R. I. P

smudgley
13-08-2007, 06:55 PM
This is for the 2 poor little poppets I saw today.

A cat in Telford who had been in a RTA on a dual carriageway.

A border collie on the M40 also been killed in a RTA.

Awlays horrible to see, but the dog in the 3rd lane of the motorway was most upsetting.

"I've no idea how you got there, but rest your little souls. RIP."

Elaine
13-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Poor babies.
R.I.P. sweethearts xxx

Erin
13-08-2007, 06:58 PM
oh poor babies :(

R.I.P xxx

Donna
13-08-2007, 06:58 PM
What a sad day you have had Smudgley.

RIP little ones x

yola
13-08-2007, 07:01 PM
How tragic :cry: It make me so desperately sad, both for the animal but also for the distraught owner when such a thing happens. Sorry you've had such a pants day Kelly :(

babycakes
13-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Yes very sad for you smudge.. Look after yourself tonight. RIP little 'uns x

kado
13-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh poor little ones
R I P darlings your both in our thoughts tonight

jane

dinahsmum
13-08-2007, 07:06 PM
amen(from an atheist!)
((hugs)) Kelly x - what a *** day

Moli
13-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Very sad.............
RIP........xx

Fran
13-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Very very sad indeed :( RIP little ones x

charliebubs
13-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Oh how awful :cry:

RIP little ones - have fun at the Bridge.

EmmaG
13-08-2007, 08:35 PM
RIP little ones......

How does a BC get on a motorway for heavens sake!!!

whiskey
13-08-2007, 09:22 PM
that is so sad poor little mites
R.I.P:(

smudgley
13-08-2007, 09:23 PM
RIP little ones......

How does a BC get on a motorway for heavens sake!!!

That's what I keep thinking. He was a big fat roly poly fella too. :( There was a car smashed up in the hard shoulder (which I had past a little while earlier) I can't help thinking he escaped from that car, I can't think how else he could get there as it was at a very busy section just before where the M40(N) meets the M42.

yola
13-08-2007, 09:25 PM
If that's the case then it's doubley sad. I just hope it was quick :( :( :(

EmmaG
13-08-2007, 09:28 PM
well if it was my dog there is no way on earth I would just leave him/her on the side of the road, I would at least put him in the car. As Yola said lets hope it was quick :(

yola
13-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Emma - maybe they had no choice, could be that they were hurt or the back of the car was damaged and the dog escaped. What do you do? Run after the dog into oncoming traffic . . . hard not to I know, but ultimately human survival instinct kicks in.

EmmaG
13-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I know Fran, but that must have been very difficult for them :(

smudgley
14-08-2007, 09:19 AM
He was in the 3rd lane, there's no way anyone woud be able to safely get him without coning off 1st as he would need 2 people to lift him. :(

Kazz
14-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I arrived moments after an accident where a dog was killed many years ago Patrick (a friend) and I were coming back from a course for work a car had somehow (to this day I don't know how) managed to go underneath a caravan the caravan was almost on the car's roof. The car towing the caravan had gone on its side and sadly the passenger in the car under the caravan was dead, the driver in a bad way not sure if the dog was in the caravan or one of the cars which were smashed up but the dog was dead in the third lane. The people sitting on the hardshoulder being treated by ambulnce men. - we obviously had to slow right down both police and ambulances were already there.

We found out the details later on the news. I wouldn't as much as I love my dogs risk my life or WORSE let anyone else risk their life to save a dog.

So RIP BC, and please God no people were hurt. Cats and roads the two just do not mix RIP Puss.

dinahsmum
14-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe dog owners here should think whether they ought to use a restraint harness for their dog in the car? Ever since the possibility struck me that, through no fault of my own, some idiot might hit me, smash the car open and cause Dinah to run off into traffic in terror, I've used the harness.
Also, should you be unfortunate enough to be in a smash your dog will not be catapulted through to the front of the car and kill/injure you before going through the windscreen.
Not nice thoughts, but a very simple thing to do to help keep you all safe.
Sorry to be a real prophet of doom.

smudgley
14-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Good point DM.
At work now, we strongly recomend that people who look after our dogs use some kind of restraint. Either a cage / harness / dog guard. Not only for the H&S of the dog, but also the family. If someone raninto the back of a car & a 70LB dog came hurtling forward, it would be bad news all round.

Whilst we are on the subject, it isn't safe to travel dogs in a passenger footwell in a car fitted with passenger airbags.

Kazz
14-08-2007, 06:05 PM
When my two are travelling with just me or a pasenger the back seat is put down and both travel in the back in cages. Safe and sound if more than one person travels with me - meaning the back seat has to stay up then the girls travel on the back seat with harness on. As I normaly have luggage of some sort then too.

If just me and one of them travel then the harness is brought into action.

janey83
17-08-2007, 08:19 PM
I absolutly hate seeing animals dead in the road... its sooo sad. R.I.P babies.