PDA

View Full Version : Cory has finally mated!!!!

Kay
13-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Cory has finally mated one of my girls.

He is almost 2 and I had nearly given up hope of him ever mating anything. He tries it on with Ruby when she isn't in call and totally ignores the other 3. I can't blame him for ignoring Phoebe though as she keeps smacking him on the nose to get his attention so I think he is scared of her.

We came back from the show where he got made up to Champion at 2.00pm on the Sunday and at 4.00pm he mated Ruby, who was in call. I am now keeping my fingers crossed that she will pink up around the 26th, with them both being maidens it may not be a success but it did seem to be a good mating and he repeated 2 days later.

I am glad it has happened now because Phoebe will hopefully have had her litter 2 weeks before Ruby should be due and if there is any problems with Ruby I now Phoebe will foster as she has before.

Fran
13-08-2007, 04:31 PM
:lol: being a Champion has made a man out of him ;) :-D

Fingers crossed she has taken Kay and congratulations that your 'baby' has now grown up :D

charliebubs
13-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! He got there in the end!!!! :)

He was waiting to be a champion ;)

I hope it was a successful mating and the pitter patter of little paws follows soon. Keep us posted.

Kay
17-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks you two will definitely keep you posted.

Jac
17-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I agree. He was waiting to become Champion before he "scored". Nothing but the best:lol:

mable1718
17-08-2007, 05:32 PM
thats great news kay

Kay
23-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Trouble is he only loves Ruby. How sweet is that.......not.
Jilly is literally screaming at him but he doesn't want to know. He must just fancy red-heads!!!

Kazz
24-08-2007, 08:07 PM
How did I miss this sorry Kay congratulations hoope you get the litter you hope for. Maybe he's just choosy - :)

Kay
24-08-2007, 09:35 PM
How did I miss this sorry Kay congratulations hoope you get the litter you hope for. Maybe he's just choosy - :)

I think he must be choosy, Kazz, just like his Grandad. I should know by the middle of next week if Ruby is expecting so I have got everything crossed as they are both 'newcomers' to all this. ;)

Kazz
02-09-2007, 11:39 AM
So have we got news then Kay???????????????

Kay
05-09-2007, 10:03 PM
So have we got news then Kay???????????????

Unfortunately Ruby isn't expecting. Probably because they are both maidens. I don't want to put Ruby to another stud because she is the only one Cory has any interest in. If she goes to another boy Cory will never get the hang of it.

I just hope he isn't going to wait until he is a Grand Champion:? :?

Moli
05-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Thats disappointing Kay, never mind, he may get it right next time...;)

Fran
05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
He'll get the hang of it Kay ;) Fingers crossed for next time x