PDA

View Full Version : Litter Pics

Az
13-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi All,

Thought we could have a little debate about this.

There are two factions about this topic - on either extreme side, one is totally against cat breeding/litters (due to rescue) and the other doesn't mind and finds all kitty pics cute n cuddly.

With regards to Catsey - we had a rule that only one thread per litter would be allowed, but I think that rule is too hard to police. So we're thinking of bringing in a new section just for litters pics/vids BUT it will not show on the main forum listing (or to the public) - so only those interested in seeing litters can do so, and at the same time it can't be used as a form of advertising as it won't be shown to guests.

We'll simply post a sticky thread up with a link to the new section in it, or contain a link to it on the main forum listing.

So what do you think?

Of course this doesn't mean we welcome willy nilly breeding - we are still against unethical breeding, this is just a measure to put in place for those litters that do happen to find their way onto Catsey.

Fran
13-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm all for it Az, I love seeing piccies - all piccies and not just litter/baby pics.

I think the idea is good, then if you want to see them you can and if you don't then you don't have to and it can't be seen as a form of advertising as guests won't have access. So it's a thumbs up from me :)

dandysmom
13-08-2007, 04:36 PM
I agree with Fran!

Moli
13-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Ditto, so do I...!

Annestaff
13-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Is this section your thinking of doing just for pics/vids or will it be used for litter announcements also, to stop people joining just to advertise their litters?

Az
13-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I think we can extend it to all litter chat? That way it can't offend anyone. :D

Glad everyone so far is up for the idea.

Carole
13-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I think we can extend it to all litter chat? That way it can't offend anyone. :D

What about health related stuff re litters. Would that still go in the Health Section like on Dogsey?

Kazz
13-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I was just going to say that because think about it - the row could start again if say I get another cat (moggie) she has a litter - I post saying litter got the runs....off we go again on the why let your moggie have a litter?

Although the idea is good, maybe we just have to use a little restraint. We can do it - :)

I mean I would love to see no more litters from Smudgley but that is a fantasy - there will be rescue litters always. So maybe restrict rescue litters like Smudgley's Alex's and anyone else's to rescue?
Karen

Az
13-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I think health matters would still be best in the health sections - they are too serious to deny someone the help of your opinions in those situations. If anyone posts something unwarranted/off topic their posts will be deleted.

Re Rescue kittens, they can be posted in the Rescue section :)

charliebubs
13-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm all for it Az!!

Whilst I don't encourage willy-nilly breeding - I do love baby pics!!! ;) There has to be a happy medium.

tilly
23-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Sounds a very good way to stop any problem I am all for it as I love seeing cute pics of kittens
Sally

Mags
23-08-2007, 02:18 PM
I think your idea is good Az...

I certainly do not advocate irresponsible breeding but have to admit I do like to see pics of all kittens.

Keeping the new section off the main form appears to meet all the requirememnts for a happy medium....

Jac
23-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I think it's a good idea as well. Thumbs up from me.

dandysmom
23-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I agree with Charlie!

Kay
29-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I think it is a great idea and can't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

borderdawn
29-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I think a carefully well bred litter with all relevant health checks are a joy, BUT NOT irresponsibly bred moggy or pedigree litters, I dont think they should be encouraged at all, so I dont think these should be included. I know some wont like me saying that but its how I feel. I think catsey should be promoting responsible Cat ownership.