PDA

View Full Version : what should i look out for?

Tink
12-08-2007, 10:44 PM
miss kuan yin has decided lately that she doesn't enjoy wet food very much (i feed her a combo of wet and dry and she is 2 and 1/2 months old). she seems to be leaving it and only taking to her dry food...could possibly be because the dogs eat dry food and she's always trying to steal it as a snack (it's so big it takes her forever to eat just one piece so she can't possibly be filling up on that)...maybe she wants to eat like them? anyway, is this normal for such a young kitten to prefer dry? and if she stays this way...what should i look out for??? i've heard wet is more beneficial which is why i'm worried about her new taste..she's never been finicky before but then again she is a youngin'...

charliebubs
13-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Perhaps she is just bored of the wet food?! Mine get so bored so quickly if I feed them the same brand, so I have to keep a variety of different types for them to keep them interested. They don't seem to be like this with the dried food though - just the wet :roll:

Maybe you could try another type and see what happens?

I personally wouldn't feed just dried food, but if that is all she wants to eat maybe you could add some warm water to it (to make sure that she takes on enough fluid) or you could try her with a bit of cooked chicken or fish??

Trial and error I think!!!!! :)