PDA

View Full Version : One more question.....

Erin
12-08-2007, 01:50 PM
How long does it take for the disolvible stitches to disolve? Tink has had these but I cant see them,all I can see is a little scab,do you think it will be ok to take and leave the collar off her?
It may have been the scab she was tring to bite earlier this morning,not sure.

dinahsmum
12-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't think it's so much 'when will the stiches dissolve?' as 'when is the wound healed enough to withstand a determined grooming from a cross cat?'
........ and I don't know the answer! Sorry. I think human (non-soluble) stitches come out at or before 10 days, but we don't normally bite the wounds :roll:
Hope there's someone who's had a cat spayed recently and can give you the answer.

Fran
12-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I doubt they will have dissolved this soon Erin :? It's hard to advise without seeing the wound. My guess is if it's scabbed over a little and she pulls at the scab, it might cause the wound to open a little. I'd leave her without the collar, as long as you supervise her and as long as she isn't messing with the wound. Poor baby, a few more days and you'll be able to stop worrying

Fran
12-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Sorry. I think human (non-soluble) stitches come out at or before 10 days, but we don't normally bite the wounds :roll:
Hope there's someone who's had a cat spayed recently and can give you the answer.

Porsha's stitches were due out a week after her spey (She had midline spey with having the bowel biopsy at the same time and the wound was quite big) but by then she had removed the whole lot herself having worked out how to get her head out of the buster collar :roll: The first stitch she removed 2/3 days after the op and the wound did open. I steri-stripped it back up but it did take longer to heal than the rest of the wound.

Erin
12-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks both,Ill try and get a pic in a min if she will let me :roll:

Erin
12-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Porsha's stitches were due out a week after her spey (She had midline spey with having the bowel biopsy at the same time and the wound was quite big) but by then she had removed the whole lot herself having worked out how to get her head out of the buster collar :roll: The first stitch she removed 2/3 days after the op and the wound did open. I steri-stripped it back up but it did take longer to heal than the rest of the wound.

Bless her :lol: this is the tiniest litle cut ever,I actually thought it would have been a bigger cut than what it is

Erin
12-08-2007, 02:20 PM
not great pics,I had to take them quick she wouldnt lie still :roll: but you can see how small it is -

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/looby_loo83/scab2.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/looby_loo83/scab1.jpg

Fran
12-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I think I can just about make out the wound but can't see it well enough really to give an opinion. I'd be inclined just to keep an eye on her when she has the collar off. Another couple of days and the wound should be healing quite well by then.

dandysmom
12-08-2007, 04:01 PM
It's been so long since Misty was spayed that I can't remember how long it took for the stitches to dissolve, sorry . But she never bothered her inscision..... poor Tink, hope it won't be long...

Amber
14-08-2007, 05:29 PM
It normally takes around about 10 days or so for the stitches to 'dissolve' - any stitches left undissolved after this time are usually removed :) hope this helps xxx

Fran
14-08-2007, 05:42 PM
How is she now Erin??

Erin
14-08-2007, 08:06 PM
How is she now Erin??

She fine now Fran thanks for asking :) The vet was really pleased with how well its healing so ive left the collar off,after a few seconds licking it she doesnt seem interested init any more :roll:
Milo loves her again too which im glad of.

The vet thought I was lieing about her age :shock: he asked how old she was when I said just over 5 months he said are you sure,she seems a little small.I just said yes she is definately just over 5 months I picked her brother out the day he was born so I know exactly how old she is.
He just said ok if you say so :roll: Im sure he still thinks I was lieing :lol:

Fran
14-08-2007, 08:37 PM
What do the vets know? :roll: :-D

I'm glad she is fine and that harmony is restored, this is great new indeed!! :cool:

dandysmom
14-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Excellent news, Erin! Now she can get back at Milo when he comes home with the vet smell.... :-D

babycakes
14-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Thats good news for you and her that things are back to normal. Must be like a weight being lifted

mable1718
14-08-2007, 10:28 PM
i not a big expert in stitches so i hope everyones advice has helped