PDA

View Full Version : How much longer will this last :(

Erin
12-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Milo is still growling and hissing at Tinkerbell :( Its actually making her quite nervous today :(she has just gone in to use the litter tray and he chased after her and cornered her hissing and growling,poor Tink was terrified.He's now sat on the fire place watching her and everytime she moves he starts again.
I thought it would have worn off by now.
He really doesnt seem happy with her around look at his little face -

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/looby_loo83/Nothappy.jpg

babycakes
12-08-2007, 01:25 PM
That really is a sad face...Do you think he doesn't recognise her with the collar on and the smell from the vets? What is she doing whilst he is being nasty to her?

dinahsmum
12-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Is this just since her spaying? If so I'd agree with BC that it's the alien 'vet smell' not to mention the even more alien headgear that's upsetting Milo.
I'd try to 'go with it', rather than try to separate them - just extra cuddles all round.
Sorry it's a trial for you - it'll pass soon. x

Erin
12-08-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah its only since she was spayed,hes the same even if she has the collar off,he seems worse today than he did yesterday,he didnt chase her yesterday at all but he has a couple of times today.
Babycakes shes doing nothing,all she has to do is move and he starts,he keeps going right up close and hissing at her and it terrifies her,she just really cowers bless her.

dinahsmum
12-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Mmmm, it's the dreaded vet smell.
Take a hankie, rub it on Tinkerbells eyebrow region, then take another and do the same to Milo. Then swop hankies and rub both of them, all over, with the smell of the other one.
Might help - won't do any harm
Or if you use fleaspray, and they're about due, give them both a blast .... try to get them smelling much the same

Claire m
12-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Hey erin, why dont you rub a towel on milo then rub it on tink and vice versa that might help smell wise then milo may not be so aggresive. xxx

babycakes
12-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Aww she must be miserable :?

That's good idea DM with the mix of smells.

Erin
12-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks all,Ill give that ago,I cant have them like this!I thought the smell would have worn off a bit by now but obviosly not.Ill have to go through it all again in a few weeks when Milo is done :roll: the dogs were nothing like this,lil was really excited to see Choccome home and gave him lots of kisses.cats :roll:

Fran
12-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I've never experienced anything like this. All mine get a good sniffing when they have been to the vets but I've not known them to hiss or not accept them back :? I hope it sorts itself out for you soon.

It must be the smell, cannot imagine what else it could be :?

Erin
12-08-2007, 02:08 PM
I've never experienced anything like this. All mine get a good sniffing when they have been to the vets but I've not known them to hiss or not accept them back :? I hope it sorts itself out for you soon.

It must be the smell, cannot imagine what else it could be :?

Its really weird Fran because Jerry has been brilliant with her,no hissing,growling,nothing! He sniffed her for a while thats about it.He was grooming her yesterday.Its just little Milo who has a problem with her :?

dandysmom
12-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm surprised that the dreaded vet smell hasn't worn off by now... :shock:; agree that DM's suggestions are def worth a try. Mine only hissed/spat for about a day or a day and a half, then things were back to normal....

Erin
12-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I though it woul have worn off too Eileen :roll:Ive had to put her in the bed room because he keeps chasing her and hes just tried to wack her :( I can back down and picked him up to give him a love and he growled at me too :shock:

Erin
12-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Just had a brain wave and put Milo in the bedroom where tink has been when we have been out and at night etc,that way hopefully he may get used to the smell and they will swap scents and sell the same again.Hope it works

dandysmom
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Good idea! Let us know if it works!

dinahsmum
13-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Hope things are a bit better today

Erin
13-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Hope things are a bit better today

I was hoping so too after his "time" in her bedroom yesterday but as soon as he saw her he started again :roll: She has her check up today at 5.10 so ill ask the vets if she has any advise.