PDA

View Full Version : Audio books ??

EmmaG
11-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Does anybody on here listen to audio books? I have down loaded a few since I got my ipod, but I was wondering if anybody else listened to them and could recommend a good (fairly cheap) place to down load them from or buy online.

Emm
11-08-2007, 05:59 PM
no I have never listened to them - does Amazon sell them?

Jac
11-08-2007, 06:21 PM
You can get them from the Library.

dinahsmum
11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I have bought the occasional one and sometimes download 'speech radio' from the Radio4 website.
There is a specific site for audio book downloads, which I was quite excited abut when I found it, but I thought their prices were very high, so never joined up for the service.

dinahsmum
11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Good thinking! And probably order any you particularly fancy

EmmaG
11-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I have bought the occasional one and sometimes download 'speech radio' from the Radio4 website.
There is a specific site for audio book downloads, which I was quite excited abut when I found it, but I thought their prices were very high, so never joined up for the service.

None of the sites I can find seem very reasonable, it is going to cost me around £30 a week for the books I can listen to (hey I have got the bug!!) which works out rather expensive!!!

EmmaG
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Now why didn't I think of that!!!! MANY Thanks Jac!!!

Fran
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
I don't listen to audio books tbh and I don't have an ipod either :( I do hope you manage to find somewhere reasonably priced to download them from Emma

EmmaG
11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks Fran, on the internet I can find them for about £10 each but I can get through three a week!! far far too expensive!!

mable1718
11-08-2007, 07:25 PM
i hope you find something that is cheap like jac said the libary is a great place

dandysmom
11-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Emma, I have four unopened ones; I ordered them from a book club "buy one get four free" offer, and discovered I can't stand having plugs in my ears!! I don't know what genres you like, but if you'd be interested, PM me..., I'll tell you the authors and titles; I'd be glad to mail them to you if you'd like them, they are just gathering dust here!

EmmaG
11-08-2007, 10:01 PM
you have a PM Dandysmom :)

charliebubs
12-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I listen to them Emma (although I don't admit to it often :oops: lol). I don't download them, but buy them second hand on eBay, put them on my ipod and sell them again. It's a bit of effort though!!! :)

EmmaG
12-08-2007, 06:50 PM
lol about admitting to them!!!! lol why ever not??? :)I have had a look on ebay and I might be tempted to do the same as you. At least you get some of your money back. Do you sell them as a "buy it now"?

charliebubs
12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
lol about admitting to them!!!! lol why ever not??? :)I have had a look on ebay and I might be tempted to do the same as you. At least you get some of your money back. Do you sell them as a "buy it now"?

I'm not sure how "cool" audiobooks are!!!! hee hee hee :-D :-D :-D

I usually sell as auction. There seem to be a few peeps that do the same kind of thing.

I've got a couple here that I haven't had time to sell - with moving house etc. I'm not sure what you like, but you can have them. At least I'd know they are going to a good home!!! They are both James Patterson books. :)

EmmaG
12-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I like James Patterson!!! which ones have you got, I could send you James Patterson "Step on a Crack" if you haven't listened to it (I thought it was very good!)

Do you like Harry Potter??

charliebubs
12-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I like James Patterson!!! which ones have you got, I could send you James Patterson "Step on a Crack" if you haven't listened to it (I thought it was very good!)

Do you like Harry Potter??

Ooooooooooooooooooo - yes - we could swap!!!!

I haven't heard/read Step on a Crack.

I have "Cross" and "Judge & Jury" both unabridged.

I do like Harry Potter too and (shamefully :oops:) haven't read the books!!