PDA

View Full Version : Going back to school costs a fortune!

Jac
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I was out with Ceilidh this afternoon. In the shoe shop the damage was £79!!! For a 6 year old.

She got this seasons must have girl shoes. They have a hidden doll in one heal and her wardrobe in the other heal.

One paair of trainers that have butterflies on the side which light up.

One school bag, ofcourse were talking Ceilidh here so it had to be pink!

Donna
10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I am too scared to think about new uniforms... am really skint at the moment... did the weekly shop on £16 today!

I have been asking the kids to try and see if the ex will pay anything towards their uniforms, but doubt it, as he still has not worked out that he has to pay for his kids upbringing after all these years!!

The kids will be going back to school on a very tight budget... poor things.

Fran
10-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh Jac, don't even go there!! The School jumpers for Tom and Em's school with the logo on are £20 each :shock: They have two new ones each plus the polo shirts plus the logo design sports wear plus the trousers, bags and the list goes on :roll: Em's had to have a Morgan bag :roll: Luckily Tom made do with a cheap Umbro one from the sports shop but the uniform so far has cost me in excess of £200 and we still have shoes to buy :shock:

I saw thoses shoes with the doll in the heel in Clarks today - they are really cute but luckily for me my kids are a bit old for them :lol:

Jac
10-08-2007, 06:34 PM
I have been there Donna. Pound streacher was my best friend for years and I knitted jumpers and cardies.

The only thing I never skimped on was shoes. I feel that it's so important for growing feet to have proper fitting shoes.

I got a little carried away today:oops: . I save every £2 coin I get. You wouldn't believe how it mounts up.

Jac
10-08-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm lucky there Fran. Ceilidh's Polo shirts and sweatshirts will do this term as well. They are expensive though. Her school also do fleases, and jackets. She'll be wanting one of them next.

Fran
10-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Well Em goes up to High School this year so she has to have a whole set of new uniform including aprons for technology etc... All the clothing except trousers/skirts has to have the school logo on it. Tom has managed with his uniform for three years but apart from growing out if it, it now looks rather shabby and they have uniform inspections and a grading system with punishment, even dismissal if their uniform is poor :? So he's had to have a whole new set too :roll: I'm skint :-D

Jac
10-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Oh I know Fran. Even primary schools here are all for the logo. You have to wear certain colours depending on the time of year. Dresses in the summer, skirts polo shirts ect in the winter. I'm all for uniforms but I think it's got out of hand.

Moli
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I am so happy my kids have left school!

Jac
10-08-2007, 08:16 PM
5 down Moli, 1 to go!

Erin
10-08-2007, 08:18 PM
The girl obviously has good taste,she likes pink so she must have pretty dambed good taste!!!!!!

Jac
10-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh Erin dont! Everything Ceilidh has is pink or has pink in it. When she goes to school she has to wear pink underwear to compensate for not actually wearing pink. her walls in teh bedroom are pink, pink covers on her bed, pink curtains. The pink carpet is coming next week only she doesnt know yet. Oh and a pink lamp shade and lava lamp.

Erin
10-08-2007, 08:27 PM
she sound like my kind of girl Jac :lol:

Jac
10-08-2007, 08:29 PM
She is Erin. You'd get along great. Oh she's even got a wee pink computor.:D Looks like a laptop but it's a teaching aid.

Erin
10-08-2007, 08:31 PM
awwww bless,cant wait to meet the little sweetie :) Ill have to see if i can find something pink for her to add to her collection ;)

Jac
10-08-2007, 08:34 PM
She'll be well chuffed that I'm getting married in pink. She wants a pink dress, think that will fit in well dont you.;)

Erin
10-08-2007, 08:36 PM
awww bless her,she sound so cute Jac :)

Jac
10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
She has her moments.