PDA

View Full Version : Angry at my Vets!!

Donna
07-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Not cat related but vet related - my bunnies have two injections a year - myxi and vhd virus. the myxi is six monthly and the vhd is yearly...

My vets have failed to send reminders for Pickle to have his myxi jab in June, his VHD in May and Twinkle her myxi in June :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

They send reminders for the cats boosters and I was also told they would remind me of the rabbits appointments but the vets receptionist said they must of got lost in the post:roll:

I said, what? All three reminders have got lost? One maybe, but THREE????? I am not daft - its obvious they havent bothered. I am so angry with them as myxi is rife here in Kent at the moment and so many bunnies are dying :(

Needless to say both bunnies are going in today for their myxi jabs and Pickle's outstanding VHD has to be done two weeks later....

:evil: :evil:

Fran
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM
How frustrating :mad: You'd think it was in their interests to send out the reminders = more money for them if owners remember to get the boosters done. I'd be lost without reminders from the vets, I rely on them to remember my pets' booster jabs :roll:

dandysmom
07-08-2007, 04:27 PM
I don't blame you one bit for being annoyed! "Lost in the post"....oh, come now!!! Highly unlikely......

mable1718
07-08-2007, 04:47 PM
i dont blame you for being angry at your vets

Donna
07-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Well I didnt say anything when I took the bunnies for their jabs. Myxi is all over Kent at the moment so good job I checked about my "missing vaccination reminders".

I am having to put net curtains all over the hutches/runs and the vet has also given me a "spot on" for fly strike/fleas etc that can either cause myxi or flystrike.

Very worried about the bunnies at the moment...

Donna
08-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Even more angry at my vets now!!!!

The sold me some spot on stuff for the rabbits for flystrike etc and charged me £40.

Looked on the internet to see I can buy it online for £15 :shock:

dandysmom
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Methinks a new vet,,,,,,,,??? What a ripoff!!

Jane
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Eugh I'd be really annoyed too. Like three would get lost in the post!?! Surely sending them means more money for them so why not!! I'm sure (and hoping!) your bunnies will be fine.