PDA

View Full Version : Aaaargh my baby got out

sarah5
06-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Scrabble got out today, it has been sooo hot here that I absolutely HAD to open a couple of windows and the little rascal was out like a shot! I didn't realise he was out until he must have been out for about 20 minutes so I raced outside in a major stress thinking he might have run away.. bless him he was all stretched out next to Thomas both lying in the flower bed basking in the sun looking at me through squinty eyes.. he was in absolute kitty heaven!

I can see that I'm going to have terrible trouble keeping him in until his second lot of kitten vacs which is another 2.5 weeks away yet :?

Fran
06-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Awww bless, it has been a hot day though! It would be better if you could manage to keep him indoors until he's fully vaccinated, it would be awful for him to become ill for the sake of a couple of weeks or so ;)

sarah5
06-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Aww I know I completely agree hun, don't get me wrong I am not going to let him have a free reign until he is fully vaccinated. Do you know if the vaccination is complete immediately after the second lot of jabs (if that makes sense?!)? I will ask the vets when I go as well, just to check I think. Not long to go, he will have to be patient!

He watches Thomas outside quite enviously, he's defo going to love it out there when he is allowed out properly!

MrsH
06-08-2007, 09:37 PM
What a relief that he didn't go far!!

Fran
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Do you know if the vaccination is complete immediately after the second lot of jabs (if that makes sense?

I think they have to stop in for a week or two after second vaccs, ask your vet and follow his advise :)

mable1718
07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
what a little scare at least he is back now

sarah5
10-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Scrabble has now worked out how to use the cat flap :roll: They learn SOOO fast don't they! Will have to lock the catflap, lock the windows and doors, this little kitty will find any way out :lol: Poor Thomas is going to have to wait to go out now bless him!!

Donna
10-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Scrabble has now worked out how to use the cat flap :roll: They learn SOOO fast don't they!

Not if your name is Misty and you live in my house... took her three years!!!!

You just have a clever kitty!!! :-D

charliebubs
10-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Scrabble has now worked out how to use the cat flap :roll: They learn SOOO fast don't they! Will have to lock the catflap, lock the windows and doors, this little kitty will find any way out :lol: Poor Thomas is going to have to wait to go out now bless him!!

None of mine have a clue either!! I have to keep it propped open :roll: which is okay when the weather is nice, but won't be good in the winter.

You have a clever boy there :)