PDA

View Full Version : I am So Upset

Jac
02-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Today I went to get my hair done. Now I have been going to the same hairdresser for 12 years, trust her implicitly. I said I wanted a change. I was going to go for a long bob. As I was getting married next year I wanted it in better condition and even booked her to put my hair up and do the bridesmaids hair as well. She knows I have been growing my hair, It was down past my bra strap on my back. As she was cutting my hair I said that feels like an awful lot. She said don't worry it just feels that way. We were in her kitchen with no mirror.
The result was this.. 10 inches removed from my hair and I'm in tears.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/boxerlass/000_0166.jpg
Not the best photo but I took it myself and have been crying on and off for hours.

Donna
02-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh why did she do that when you only asked for a trim? If she knew you were growing your hair?

Sorry you are not happy but I personally do like it Jac.. very stylish..

But if it is not what you asked for and you are unhappy then that needs to be dealt with. Did you have a go?

Erin
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM
aww Jac ((((hugs)))) I think it looks really lovely though xxxx

EmmaG
02-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Same here Jac, it does look very nice, but that doesn't help if you are not happy with it :(

Jac
02-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys, bless. Your all so nice I'm bubbeling again. Would you call that a long bob? 10 flippin inches:twisted: .

Yeh I had a go. I called her an evil bitch plus I didnt pay her. I gave her a £10 for the colour and £5 for cutting ceilidh's hair.

Doesnt put my hair back on though. How long do you think it will be by June? I really wanted my hair up for the wedding.

Donna
02-08-2007, 06:58 PM
You still have enough hair to have it up Jac - in fact it might be easier as you have taken the weight off so it will stay up neater for longer - just find a decent hairdresser who can do a few different upstyles so you can chose what you think looks the nicest.

Erin
02-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Your hair looks quite similar to mine Jac,Mine doesnt take long to grow back at all.
I personally woldnt say that is a long bob, but then compared to some bobs out there it could be,but I dont think so.
I think it really suites you mate,and your hair looks a lovely condition,much better than mine :roll:,it will grow back in no time ;)

babycakes
02-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Hairdressers think they can do what they like. I change mine reguarly because they stop listening to what you want. Also when you go into the shop and they shout 'your ladies here' It's time to leave.
Jac it really does suit you though and looks in very good condition

Jac
02-08-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't think it helped when Ceilidh said when she saw it " mum your hairs short, I don't like short hair". I'm also on ab's for a chest infection and it's now gone into my sinuses. My face looks all puffed up.

I will be looking for another hairdresser though. I just feel so different. I know you'll understand what I mean.
When Derek saw it he said wow that's a bit drastic, he then said he preferred me with long hair. Cant win, so I burst into tears. Its that time as well, so I'm down anyway.

alexgirl73
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM
awww Jac ((hugs)). I'm sorry you're so unhappy with your cut, but I echo everyone here. It does look lovely on you!! I hope you feel a wee bit better about it in the morning xxx

Tom
02-08-2007, 07:08 PM
OMG Jac what an evil c*w... And to say you have been going to her for 12 years :shock:

But i agree it looks very nice xx

Erin
02-08-2007, 07:09 PM
awww Jac hope your Chest gets better soon ((((hugs))))

Jac
02-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks to both of you:D

Moli
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Blimey Jac, what the heck was she on!!!! on saying that though, it really siuts you...

Elaine
02-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh Jac I am so sorry, I know how you feel, some one did that to me once but, unlike you, I looked like Myra Hindley for over a year.
It does really suit you to be honest xxx

dinahsmum
02-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh Jac - that's really nice (would look better if you could manage a smile! :? ) but it's no good saying that if you don't like it.
However, it will grow tons by next June, and as someone else said, the cut may do it the world of good.

EmmaG
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I would classify this as a long bob, don't forget it will grow quite a bit in 6 weeks as well. I would say a long bob is about your length a medium bob just below the ears and a short bob just above the ears, but I am no expert.

It is still long enough to put up, a work colleague had her hair cut slightly shorter than yours and had it up for her wedding, and she looked as if her hair was really long and very thick as well.

Jac
02-08-2007, 08:09 PM
DM I could possibly manage a smile now but at the time I was so upset.
When I picked up Ceilidh a couple of people did a double take and said my hair was nice. Not that I dont believe you all. It's so drastic!!
Yes it will grow and maybe in better condition but as Ive said it was so drastic and certainly not what I asked for.

charliebubs
02-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Jac, I really really like it!!!! Personally I think it makes you look younger :oops: ;)

I know that doesn't help if you hate it though.

I'm sure it will grow loads in the next 10 months and you'll be able to pin it up how you want it for the big day.

If it makes you feel any better, I went for a hair cut last week and said to my hairdresser "the usual please" (I've known her for ages and she's my sisters best friend) and we were chatting away. Then she looked as though she was finishing up and I said "are you just leaving that random long bit on that side?" and she said that she thought that was how we had done it last time :roll: with one side longer than the other!!!!!!!!! I was like, "ummm, no, we didn't" so she levelled it all off and now my hair is shorter than I wanted :roll: lol

Jac
02-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks all. It was just the shock. Hair way down your back to this! It feels like nothing:? . I am getting use to it. Maybe she did me a favour and it will be in better condition for the wedding. It's just a shock cant find any other words for it.

Jane
02-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Aww Jac it really doesn't look that bad - I think it looks nice. I'm sure it will have grown loads by your wedding too.

Hug a kitty or two, that makes everyone happy :D (if they sit still long enough ;))

yola
02-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Jac, it doesn't look too bad, really . . . but I know what you mean. I have long(ish) hair and if anyone cut it shorter than I would like I would (a) take the scissors to them (b) spend a year under the duvet and (c) cry :roll:

Your hair should grow about 4-5 inches by next June, however make sure you get it regularly trimmed in the interim and this will actually help it grow!

I often toy with the idea of short hair but I know deep down that it doesn't suit me (may attempts in the past have proved this). I despair of hairdressers that try to impose their will on your and your hair, but afer 12 years your stylist should know you and your hair inside out!

Jac
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
well ladies one things for sure. I'll not be able to go out without doing my hair in the morning. Got up this morning and resembled a bog brush:lol: . Hair sticking out all over the place.
Thanks for all your nice words. I am feeling a bit better about it this morning. It will grow!

yola
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Have you considered hair extensions? They can be SO cool (if a bit pricey) but now you've got the perfect reason to invest in some . . . start working on Derek now ;)

Jac
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Funnily enough I had Yola. The only problem I have is the different colours in my hair. The under part is a mahogany colour with blond highlights on top. The colour is semi permanant but the red takes ages to come out. I want it all blond highlights for the wedding, so I'm not getting the dark colour done. When you buy them it's either or so I would have to get both:? . I'm a dither I know but which or both should I go for? da dum da dum. Watch this space:lol:

Oh and the web site I found with them made them seem really complicated.

Fran
03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Oh Jac, I cannot believe this has happened to you :( Having said that, it does really suit you and your hair will benefit so much for such a good chop. It will grow plenty by next June, more than enough to have it taken up ;) Hope you find a sympathetic and competent stylist between now and then x

dinahsmum
03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Maybe you should invest £7.50 in joining this website Jac http://www.thehairstyler.com/ (http://www.thehairstyler.com/)

You get to upload your picture and then just try any style/colour on your own face. You could then print out what you want and take it to your new hairdresser. It sounds a great idea.

Jac
03-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I may try that DM. Ive just invested in some hair extentions:oops: . Will see what there like. Dont worry will let you se them as well. They were only £30 so not alot lost if I dont like them.

Kim
03-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Jac, that is a terrible thing to happen to you! It does look nice though and it will grow quite a lot by next June. Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

chelsea
04-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Awwww i am so sorry to hear your upset with your hair but really it looks nice i know its no help saying this cos its not what you wanted but i really do like your hair hope you feel better soon.

LucySiamese
04-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I would class it as a long bob i like it, and it will grow loads by next june especially after a good cut.

Its long enough to have it pinned up for the big day and im sure it will look really nice :-)

This happened to me 3 years ago i wanted my hair done before we went on holiday, my hair was way down my back and i said i wanted it a bit shorter with layers and blonde highlights, when i came out it was'nt long enough to tie back! But it did grow back really fast and its just as long again now :-)

random
04-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Oh Jac my best mate is a hairdresser and she'd have done you extentions and put them in for you for less than that, get your bum down here!

I think it looks lovely too Jac but I certainly know how you feel. A while ago (ok a long while) when I was younger I wanted the 'Rachel from friends' hair do, all feathered round your face and layered, well the hairdresser advised me that as I was younger (a young teen) I should have a fringe as it would look nicer and suit me better than having a 'ladies' haircut, so I trusted them and said aye, well she took my fringe from the crown of my head! It was about an inch thick from my forehead! :shock: I got home and I cried and cried and cried all day, and it took me weeks to come round and in the end I just made a parting and it looked ridiculous for months! It took YEARS to grow out it and get it the same length as the rest of my hair, (which I had to keep cutting short so my 'fringe' could catch up).

Never been back there since and I have found a brilliant place now where I always go and they do it exactly as I want every time, brilliant. They even wash and straighten it for me (10 quid for 3 times) when I am on a night out and can't be bothered with straightening it myself! lol

Emm
05-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Your new haircut looks lovely - and it will grow back loads in time for your wedding.

I used to be a haridresser and that length is short for a long bob - normally a long bob would be sitting on your shoulders or just below. But she should have clarified the length you wanted before she cut - because people have different views on what length is a long bob, a medium bob, a short bob etc.

I'm thinking maybe she might have had too much tension on the hair while she was cutting and the hair could have jumped after - I've seen this happen to a lot of hairdressers! You were right not to pay her though - you should never pay for a haircut that goes wrong.

but you do look great and it will grow back!

Jac
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys.
It's Sunday now. Had it cut on Thursday and I'm still not used to it. When I wash it it feels like there's nothing there.
The first time I put my usaul amount of shampoo on and it was far too much. Hehe I had enough soap for days:lol: .
A long bob to me is sholder length. I'll get used to it. My Mum hasnt seen it or Sean. I wonder what they will say?