PDA

View Full Version : I Let 2 Of The Kittens Go Home

Jess751
02-08-2007, 03:05 PM
And now Im having 2nd thoughts that I did it to early. :oops: They seemed ready but someone who does cat rescue (mind you she has been a total ______ since I told her that I didnt get my male fixed and brought home an unfixed female. Even after I told her he was only 6-7 months, she said aaa yeah you should have got him fixed.) just told me that they shouldnt have been let go. But they have been eating just solid food for 3 weeks, Sandy wont let them nurse anymore and she is almost completely dried and back to normal. And because they were going together and the lady raise Labs and is always home....I figured it was ok.....was it, or did I mess up?? I are 7 weeks old, but my guys have always been ahead.

Jess751
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Anyone??? :oops:

Jac
03-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Jess she is a w***er. Of course you didn't let them go to early. There your kittens, you know them and 7 weeks is fair. Stop questioning your knowlage. You would do right by them. We know that and so should she. tell her to take a run and jump!

alexgirl73
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Jess, sorry missed this yesterday! I agree with Jac, there is nothing wrong with 7 weeks, that is when the majority of people with moggie kittens start rehoming them! I know when I got my Broxi and Cooper, they were that age. So ignore that stupid woman, you have done nothing wrong adn I hope the little kitties are very happy in their new home!

dinahsmum
03-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Sorry Jess - I thought people who have bred kittens might have jumped in to answer, so I kept quiet!
7 and a bit weeks is OK - particularly as your kits are so advanced and particularly as the 2 are going together to an experienced pet home.
Happy life to them!

Donna
03-08-2007, 06:08 PM
I got Chloe when she was six weeks old. I got Misty when the lady told me she was six weeks old, but I believe Misty was four or five weeks old and she wanted to "get rid".

Both my cats are healthy and content... dont worry about what anyone says. Your kittens = your decision.

Jess751
03-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks Guys! I geuss I just needed a little reassurance. I got a call two hours after the babies were home and was told that they were out playing and had just had lunch. And were not the least bit nervous :mrgreen:

sillylilykitty
03-08-2007, 07:14 PM
8 weeks is ideal but you know your kittens better than anyone else and if you think they were ready then hopefully they were ready. And if they were not ready its ok because the 2 went together. So either way its fine what you decided.:)

Fran
03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry Jess, I missed this too :oops: I think 8 weeks is about the right age for the kittens to go to new homes but all kittens/litters are different and individual and if you felt yours were ready then to hell with what anyone else thinks ;) I do think that the two babies going together is also on the plus side.

They are your babies, you do what you feel is right by them x