PDA

View Full Version : Something Wrong In My Knee

Amber
01-08-2007, 10:46 PM
So I've got my appointment to have the wires removed in December all being well.

Was speaking to my physiotherapist yesterday, and he said that although I have done well, for someone of my age he doesn't see any logical reason as to why my knee shouldn't be bending more than it currently is. At the moment I am at about 90 - 95 degrees on a bad day, maybe touching 100 on a good day. He has said that there are no two ways about it, I definately have to have the wires removed because he thinks that they are causing some restriction. However he also said that there may be an underlying cause, either I have an accumulation of scar tissue (which he can feel a lot of) or I have a boney growth formed where the bone has mended together.

He has said that he wants me to get in touch with my consultant, and arrange for some further investigate because something is definately not right. He is hoping that it is just the wires but he's not totally convinced. He also said that if they say that there is nothing they can do, I am to go for a second opinion elsewhere as he thinks I should have xrays at the least, and probably MRI scans etc - yippee :roll:

Trust me to go breaking my knee cap :-D couldn't do a nice simple break like most normal people :lol:

Mags
01-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Oh dear, I hope someone can find out what's going on with your knee.......an x ray would be the obvious course to start with.:?

Amber
01-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks Mags me too! It's just totally hindering my life at the moment and it's driving me insane :roll:

I can't do certain things at work because I can't lift heavy things and I can't crouch down on the floor very well - I have to wiggle around until I get myself on my bum which looks highly amusing :lol: :-D and I can't horse ride which is my no1 passion!

Emm
01-08-2007, 11:07 PM
it sounds so painful - hope you get it sorted out soon

dinahsmum
02-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I hope you can get this resolved swiftly and easily

Fran
02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Oh I do hope youmanage to get this sorted out.

My hubby broke his knee cap whilst recovering from a cruciate ligament repair :roll: He was a real mess for ages, lots of hospital visits and physio etc.. but he did eventually get back in the saddle, so I am hopeful that one day you will too ;)

dandysmom
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this; hope they can gett it sorted out and you'll get back to normal motion in your knee......

tilly
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your knee. I can symphathies with you and I hope you get back in the saddle one day. If it won't bend enough for you to ride the english way do you think you could try western riding as you don't have to bend your knee as much for that.

Hope you get better soon

Sally