PDA

View Full Version : Donna?

dinahsmum
31-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Did you have your contact lens appointment on Saturday? If so, how did it go?

Donna
31-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I didnt go in the end. Didnt have the money I am afriad... stuck with the glasses (which I am getting more used to).

Glasses are putting pressure on my sinuses tho, causing lots of sinus problems and pain so on lots of paracetamol a day if I wear the glasses....

Not sure what to do next to be honest!

charliebubs
31-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Oh dear, Donna. :( I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't getting any better with the glasses situation, but at least you are getting a bit more used to them.

I hope you find a solution soon. :)

dinahsmum
31-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, I'm glad you hate the glasses less, but sorry to hear that they hurt your sinuses. Hope you can maybe find the funds for the lenses soon.

dandysmom
31-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Donna, I'm surprised (and sorry), that the glasses are causing sinus problems,,,, they shouldn't be doing that. Can you go back to the optometrist and have them rechccked for proper fit?

Donna
31-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I think they fit fine, as if they are made any loser they will flop about.

I have suffered for years with allergies and sinusitus - any pressure on my nose and the problem erupts again - hence my new diet of paracetamol. Its not the glasses at fault, but my bad sinus problem...

Just wonder how safe it is for me to have a daily diet consisting of at least two paracetamol a day :-(

Mags
31-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I think they fit fine, as if they are made any loser they will flop about.

I have suffered for years with allergies and sinusitus - any pressure on my nose and the problem erupts again - hence my new diet of paracetamol. Its not the glasses at fault, but my bad sinus problem...

Just wonder how safe it is for me to have a daily diet consisting of at least two paracetamol a day :-(
Why don't you see your doc Donna and see if he/she can give you something specially for sinusitis ?

Donna
31-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I would if it was that simple, but my sinusitis is caused by allergies ie the cats/bunnies/hay.

I take antihistamine for the allergies which dries up the stuff in your nose and sinuses which then brings on the inflamation which is sinusitis.

You cant cure my kind of sinusitis as it is allergy related. Not infection related (antibiotics).

I can only try to limit the effects ie., drinking tons of water (which I am trying to get better at), hot showers (steam helps), avoid alcohol, hot cloths on my face is good, avoid over the counter nasal sprays and decogestants and paracetamol when it gets really painful...

Feel fine at the moment with glasses on as took some paracetamol a few hours ago..

Mags
31-07-2007, 06:43 PM
That's not so good then is it?:( I didn't realise you were allergic to your animals, that's a shame:?
It must be a real pain to live with ...:(

EmmaG
31-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Donna how much are the contact lenses, are they very expensive? Sorry to hear you are still suffering :(

Donna
31-07-2007, 06:54 PM
It was £25 for the appointment just to talk about contacts, so cancelled as did not have the money when the date for the appointment came round.

I dont know how much it would be on a monthly basis either, but realistically dont think I can afford another monthly bill, even if it is as low as £20 a month.

I will continue to persevere with the glasses as I am starting to see the benefit and I am sure a few painkillers a day wont do me any harm.

I will rethink the contacts if I win the lottery or get a major pay rise!!

Donna
31-07-2007, 06:55 PM
That's not so good then is it?:( I didn't realise you were allergic to your animals, that's a shame:?
It must be a real pain to live with ...:(

I suffer for my animals Mags!!!! Feel its a small price to pay :)