PDA

View Full Version : Ive just burnt my arm

Jac
30-07-2007, 01:46 PM
And it really is nipping. I was re filling the kettle, streached over and the steam that was already in there burnt me:cry: It's sore!!

Jess751
30-07-2007, 01:54 PM
:( OUCH!! Sry to hear that.

alexgirl73
30-07-2007, 01:56 PM
OOOOOhhh, that sounds sore Jac. Keep an eye on it!

Jac
30-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Its a big red patch but turning bluein the middle. Ran it under the cold tap. Phew that was sore!!! Put butter on it, that was worse!!!! Agghh I'm having one of thoes days.

dinahsmum
30-07-2007, 02:11 PM
No butter!!!!!! Sauteed arm - not needed!

Boots (and probably others) do a great adhesive dressing for burns. Keeps it clean and dry but also treats it so it heals quickly and the risk of scarring is reduced.
I found it after i had an oven shelf burn on which the scab kept getting re-opened as I did things in the house and garden. It was a nasty deep one but the special dressing worked a treat.

No butter! Nothing greasy. Solarcaine spray is good for reducing pain - I keep a can in the cupboard near the cooker.

Tom
30-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Oohhhhh Jac, that sounds nasty :( I burnt my finger the other day too :( :(

Tom x

dandysmom
30-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Definitely no butter! Jac, do you have an aloe plant? The gel from the leaves is wonderful for alleviating the pain and prevents blistering if used quickly enough! This is not an old wives tale, it is true..... ask Moli! We were discussing it recently when she had a nasty steam burn. Maybe if you ask nicely she'll give you a cutting! :-D If I weren't on the other side of the pond I'd give you one: not a fussy plant, really needs almost no care. I keep one in the kitchen always as I tend to be klutzy sometimes, like with the kettle, or reaching around the toaster oven and burning my arm!

Fran
30-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Ouch Jac!!! Hope the pain settles soon. Do not put butter or anything of that nature on a burn, it will make the burn worse x

Elaine
30-07-2007, 07:40 PM
OUCH!!! I have done that before, really stings.

kado
31-07-2007, 11:39 AM
I burnt myself five years ago and the tinyest burnt hurt the most. So i know how you feel. I hope it feels better soon

jane

Erin
31-07-2007, 01:57 PM
ouch Jac! Hope its feeling a little better today xxx

dinahsmum
31-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Herumph - it appears i have burnt my bum! :shock: :oops:
Well, not exactly bum, just a strip between top of trousers and bottom of T-shirt. Just showered after coming back from the allotment, towelled that area - ouch! - looked in mirror ..... obviously there was a gap between my top and bottom as I worked this morning. Nice red stripe all along.
Mustn't grumble though - should be grateful the sun was that bright! :)

dandysmom
31-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Oh dear! I really shouldn't laugh as I know it must be painful, but the mental picture of you with that red stripe along your backside.... :shock: :-D

Seriously, hope it's better soon!

Jac
31-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I bought a packet of burn plasters today. Good grief what a relief and it was instant! I would recomend them very strongly.
Hey they might even help your bum DM

dinahsmum
01-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I bought a packet of burn plasters today. Good grief what a relief and it was instant! I would recomend them very strongly.
Hey they might even help your bum DM
Glad you tried the burn plasters Jac. I think they are excellent and will try to keep some in the house at all times now.
My bum burn? Too big for a plaster :) - a spray of Solarcaine helped!

Mags
01-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Glad you tried the burn plasters Jac. I think they are excellent and will try to keep some in the house at all times now.
My bum burn? Too big for a plaster :) - a spray of Solarcaine helped!
Are you into wearing cropped tops DM? ;):lol:

dinahsmum
01-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Are you into wearing cropped tops DM? ;):lol:
No no - and I don't have a muffin top either :-D . It was the combination of bending at the allotment and unaccustomed bright sun! My T-shirt was normal length.