PDA

View Full Version : Quando's first show

Soupie
29-07-2007, 09:49 PM
What a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day it was yesterday! Left at 6.30am and didn't get back til late!

Got to show and set him up and he proceeded to trash his pen, I cleaned up and he trashed it again but not as badly. He then decided to leave it tidy after my second rescue! :p Bit:? as someone reported my pen to officials because some litter was out of the tray- about a handful in a small pile. Loads of people's cats were trashing their trays but for some reason she reported me :shock: No officials said anything though and I only knew because she came and apologised for intefering and reporting me - very odd and to be honest made me feel crap :cry:

Disappointing as Q was the only adult Selkirk there so nothing to compare him with (low entries across the board) but he got his first place, Intermediate Certificate and Best of Breed and thus qualified for the Supreme on a day where the judges were withholding quite a number of placings and certificates of all sorts :D Judge had a chat with me too and she really likes him - he does need to be bigger but he is still growing. So no faults I need to worry about for future shows - just to be aware that against more mature cats he may suffer as not mature yet himself.

Got 2 seconds and a third in side classes but was actually last in all of them which I was disappointed about but we were up against great big british shorthairs - all of which nearly twice the size of him and much more impressive looking. Felt a bit hard done by as he looked great and a couple of those placed higher were rather obese but I'm new to this game and don't really know how it works ;)

He was shattered though by the time they judged the side classes so could have shown flat.

Next one we are travelling down the night before so he should be fresher and got all different judges so will be interested to get some more views :)

Also going to do some more TICA shows as he is a TICA champion already and I know he does well under their way of assessing. Once I have the 3 ICs for GCCF I won't do as many of those shows as until 20 cats get their 3 ICs Selkirks won't get Championship status - although GCCF are allowing those with their 3 ICs to just enter the BOB and not the open to help enough cats get the ICs required.

dandysmom
29-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Congratulations and well done to you both! It does sound like a tiring day, and that seems a bit petty about the litter..... Extra treats for Quando tonight?

Mags
29-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Congratulations Soupie and well done to Quando!:D

That certainly was a long day but it must have been a good experience for you...:D

I thought that was a bit petty about the litter too...:roll:

Hope you do well at the next show!

Tom
29-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Congratulations on your show!!! :D :D

Soupie
29-07-2007, 10:19 PM
It was fantastic experience especially as the Selkirk Rex Cat Club were there and a couple of well respected breeders - they were all really helpful and encouraging which made up for the odd woman :)

I have to say some of the people there were a bit unfriendly but other were really nice and welcoming ;)

Really looking forward to the next one and got my diary out planning the rest of the year too! Would love to progress his TICA record and get up the rankings there :)

Mags
29-07-2007, 10:21 PM
It was fantastic experience especially as the Selkirk Rex Cat Club were there and a couple of well respected breeders - they were all really helpful and encouraging which made up for the odd woman :)

I have to say some of the people there were a bit unfriendly but other were really nice and welcoming ;)

Really looking forward to the next one and got my diary out planning the rest of the year too! Would love to progress his TICA record and get up the rankings there :)
:-D ...sounds like you have now caught the Showing bug too!! :lol: Good for you!;)

Fran
29-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh very well done to you and Quando!!!! :D It doesn't take long before you are smitten by the showing bug ;)

alexgirl73
29-07-2007, 10:46 PM
huge congrats Soupie (and I'm sticking my tongue out to the weird woman lol)

charliebubs
30-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Well done!! It's a shame about that strange woman, but sounds like you had a good day all in all and have caught the show bug!!! lol

Look forward to more show updates. :)

Jane
30-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Well done :) Did Quando enjoy it too? ;)

Weird woman too!

Kay
13-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Well done to you both. Becareful showing is very addictive. I get withdrawl symptoms when I haven't been for a while.

sarahd
20-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Well done and a big congratulations to you and Quando

Sarah
x